75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

I wouldn't bank on the firehouse being discounted.

Yeah, it's kinda sad. People will need to make their own discounts (e.g. cash points back).

Back in the day, we could have picked up this set for at least $300 easily.

Anyway, if the new film bombs (which it should), it won't hurt this set. GB already has their fanbase. If the film is a hit, more folks will just want this set.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Val-E said:

This breaks my heart !! Unfortunately with all premium items, be it clothing labels, hand bags etc. its a sign of the times, and the sickening truth is that many people will end up buying this set for their kids as opposed to the Official Lego because they can't afford the premium Lego price tag, and even more worrying is that the bootlegged version actually looks plausible! Obviously the real Lego fans amongst us wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, but the more sets like this that hit the market over the next few years will make lego investment/reselling even more difficult . . .

43 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

This breaks my heart !! Unfortunately with all premium items, be it clothing labels, hand bags etc. its a sign of the times, and the sickening truth is that many people will end up buying this set for their kids as opposed to the Official Lego because they can't afford the premium Lego price tag, and even more worrying is that the bootlegged version actually looks plausible! Obviously the real Lego fans amongst us wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, but the more sets like this that hit the market over the next few years will make lego investment/reselling even more difficult . . .

Which is exactly why i report every single listing i see for these fake lego sets. I don't know how China gets away with blatantly flouting copyright laws so easily. But we can deter resellers from stocking/selling them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Which is exactly why i report every single listing i see for these fake lego sets. I don't know how China gets away with blatantly flouting copyright laws so easily. But we can deter resellers from stocking/selling them.

Yeah I didn't see anything to do with Lepin when searching Ebay.co.uk which is encouraging.  When reading the article it says the sets can be purchased from Aliexpress . . . when looking Its an American site (although does ship to the UK), so I can't really comment regards its credibility but it sales all sorts of goods including Lepin, how can it openly sale Copyrighted material, surely that illegal in itself??! 

I often see lego-like sets for sale in the Lego category on ebay, same with Gumtree and Shpock. Quite often see fake 75096's and 75105's, i guess people buy them from these wholesaler sites and put them on.

Think the biggest area still is minifigs, easy to disguise fakes and seems to be hurting the genuine mf market.

If it doesn't get tackled how long before we see posts everywhere complaining about buying a bulk lot seemingly rich with sets only to find its all Lepin. 

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

I have yet to see ebay get their finger out on any ones I have reported - they don´t event do it with multiple listings.

True, and same holds for Amazon (never got a reply back after initial back-and-forth on a listing I reported recently), but you can (and should) always try.

Yeah, I saw this over the weekend at the that popular "Ali" website for buying counterfeit stuff. The mods and I talked about it. It's Kinda sad since the quality will never be up to par. However, I read some customer reviews on counterfeit Lego sets (on Amazon) and some folks (mainly parents) just don't care about the quality/ price aspect as for their kids.

GBHQ probably isn't a set for kids but nevertheless, maybe Lupin and other companies will put some pressure (albeit little) on Lego to review their prices again. Wishful thinking...

Nevertheless I think the GBHQ set will be remembered as one of Lego's most iconic sets (of this decade) due to its size, design, minifigs, and features even before you throw in the GB fanbase factor.

This is a bad situation.  eBay and Amazon make it very difficult to report these knockoffs.  I have done it many times and it is a pain in the @$$.  Honestly, until LEGO helps us out, the counterfeiting problem will only get worse.  Wait until one of these knockoff companies produce a set with tainted plastic and the media reports it as "LEGO" or "building toys."  The poop will hit the fan...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I have yet to see ebay get their finger out on any ones I have reported - they don´t event do it with multiple listings.

I've seen them move on several I've reported, in n one instance the same guy keeps trying to list fake millennium falcons all the time doing things like changing words to "like l-e-g-o" but still listing in the lego category.  He must think it's automated systems that are finding him lol. 

I don't know if it depends on how you report them as to what action they take, but I'm always reporting as trademark infringement.

51 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Sellers putting these items in the lego category without actually saying they are Lego but using a lego set number are the worst.

When I come across listings of that nature/type I report them every time as I would hope others on here would do as well

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post (see favorite brickmovies) but I feel like this awesome movie just isn't getting the attention it deserves. As it fits to this topic as well I hope everybody feels okay if I post it here as well. Let alone the christian haydensen joke is worth posting this thing twice ;-)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Locutus001 said:

Sorry for the double post (see favorite brickmovies) but I feel like this awesome movie just isn't getting the attention it deserves. As it fits to this topic as well I hope everybody feels okay if I post it here as well. Let alone the christian haydensen joke is worth posting this thing twice ;-)

Looks way better than the new film.

• Like 1