75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

Anyone know how many bag 9s are in this set? I bought a used set from a friend and I'm thinking I'm missing a whole bag. I have 2 bag number 9s. Are there supposed to be 3 bag 9s?

3 bags for number 9

I'm currently building the set and on bag 5 out of 18, great set with lots of cool features, highly recommend

20160722_011919.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/21/2016 at 8:38 PM, Mhd747 said:

Here is complete breakdown of bags included in set:

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/corneliusmurdock/sets/72157662747674915/

Gentlemen, Thanks for all your help. I think I've solved the problem.  Based on MHD747's input and Flicker link I was able to see how many bags there are supposed to be. I was definitely missing one of the bag 9s. So, based on your feedback I risked reaching out to Lego customer service (I am banned at Shop at Home - for what it's worth...this set I'm building for my personal collection not for resale but I did buy it used from a friend only 1/3 built. The other bags were still sealed. He bought it for his kid who lost interest in it and wanted to sell the set to buy some exotic turtle...So his other exotic turtle could mate with it. You can't make this stuff up. I'm serious!). Anyway, I sent Lego a email on Friday and the automatic response said they would get back to me in 48 hours so we'll see. But I had a revelation tonight. I went forward in the instructions to another step using new bags that didn't depend on previous builds. So I skipped forward to step 12. Built step 12 completely and then went to step 13. I happened to notice that there were 4 bags for step 13. One small one and 3 pretty big ones. I thought that was curious. I opened up 3 of the bags and then I started to tear into the 4th bag and noticed the pieces looked very similar to the previous bag I opened (I didn't open it completely, I just tore the corner about an inch). So I scanned the instructions for a few of the larger key pieces and indeed I had an extra large bag 13. So now I have a real complaint. This takes away the question of whether I lost a bag or whether my buddy who I bought the set off of lost a bag. So unless Lego gives me the hammer since I'm on "the list" this should all resolve itself in time. Thanks for the prompt responses from the Brickpicker forum. You all are awesome!

Update. I went to my local Lego store. Talked to the manager (who I've gotten to know over the years) and he took care of the whole thing. Didn't ask a question. Only bad thing was that they refused to open up a new set and give me the missing bag. Instead I had to take my set that was 85% done being built and return the whole used set. They gave me a brand new minty one. So I'm not going to build it again. The build is a bit boring in my opinion. I'll just sit on the new set for the time. So the good news is now I have a brand new set I got for $250. Not bad for an exclusive that never goes on sale. End of story.

So I contacted Lego vie email. They never responded. So I called them today and they basically told me to F myself since I'm on "the List". They would not resolve the issue.

Banned from customer service even? That seems pretty harsh from LEGO if all you did was buy too many sets for resale. Personally I think their policy is ridiculous anyways. There is a way to enforce limits without banning people but I guess they would rather not spend the money to implement that system.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gonkalin said:

Update. I went to my local Lego store. Talked to the manager (who I've gotten to know over the years) and he took care of the whole thing. Didn't ask a question. Only bad thing was that they refused to open up a new set and give me the missing bag. Instead I had to take my set that was 85% done being built and return the whole used set. They gave me a brand new minty one. So I'm not going to build it again. The build is a bit boring in my opinion. I'll just sit on the new set for the time. So the good news is now I have a brand new set I got for $250. Not bad for an exclusive that never goes on sale. End of story.

regarding lego customer service,  next time have a woman call on your behalf or call with screaming GB fan kids in the background.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...