75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

10 minutes ago, Rodeogeorge said:

Not fair. U.K. Peeps get all the deals.

detector should be set to stun.

Sheesh we never get it as good as America in terms off deals so we earned this man they even got rid of Black Friday after small trails at most stores

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, jaisonline said:

This is a pretty cool build so far.  It's a perfect Halloween set and should appeal to many AFOLs and KFOLs long after retirement (not just GB fans).

The kids and I began last week. We nearly finished bags 1-6 (20 bags). We're up to the step of building the arcade game.

image.jpeg

I quite agree - I built ours with the kids as well (9 and 6) and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.  It's full of great details.  The GBHQ now sits on our display table and is the first model they play with when the LEGO mood strikes.  Our Ecto 1 usually ends up crashing into the Haunted House but that's a story for another day...

The only issue I had was the colour variance between the dark red wall bricks - the 6x1s were noticeably darker/duller than the 4x1s.  LEGO as usual kindly offered to replace them but I think it gives an (unintentional) real world feel to the model. 

Tsk, tsk - get those fascia stars lined up properly.  (Sorry, my OCD made me say it!).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

On back order, warnings of a coming retirement?

Not in the slightest, it just means that they need to make more. How many do they allow you to buy?

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, GregP said:

So, I will want one of these for personal build before Lego pulls it.

Is the current price of £239.99 as good as its gunna get? Do I pull the trigger or wait?

Check out the price in other countries and you´ll see you are getting a good deal.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, GregP said:

Is the current price of £239.99 as good as its gunna get? Do I pull the trigger or wait?

It's a good price, toys r us may do another 'buy 1 get 1 half price' like last year, but if you don't want two then i would get it.

28 minutes ago, John82 said:

It's a good price, toys r us may do another 'buy 1 get 1 half price' like last year, but if you don't want two then i would get it.

What dates were the buy 1 get 1 half price last year? I picked up a few 75919 IR sets then and have been waiting on it coming round again this year but couldn't remember when it was exactly. 

27 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

will this retire in 2018?!

Probably another 12 months?

7 minutes ago, seanbarker123 said:

What dates were the buy 1 get 1 half price last year? I picked up a few 75919 IR sets then and have been waiting on it coming round again this year but couldn't remember when it was exactly. 

My receipts say 11th and 12th November.

I was kind of hoping for a similar sale this year to get a couple of modulars for personal collection.

Edited by John82
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GregP said:

If you have it for your personal build, you might want to contact these sellers. The current CZK/GBP exchange rate is 30 CZK = 1 GBP and you might expect shipping costs (registered, signed-for package to UK) around 20 GBP

new, unopened, damaged corner
https://www.sbazar.cz/krejcovakristina/detail/26326874-lego-ghostbusters

new, unopened, box damaged
https://www.sbazar.cz/nabidkanaprodej/detail/23139925-lego-ghostbusters-75827-hasicska-zakladna

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...