75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

The Promobricks site has the TRU listing at CA$399...

At today's exchange rate that is US$306.487 - of course does not account for mark-ups/markdowns due to region,nor sales taxes/VAT...

LOL you can bet that Lego isn't going to round down for us Americans.  I'm sure it will be $350 US if $399 CA

This set will be very significant.

It will mark the first set since 41999 that resellers buy more than consumers.

I thought that honor went to Lonely Mountain. I can't imagine any right thinking person buying that pile of bricks for $130.

Anyways, I think that pricing the headquarters north of $200 is absolutely insane. The building is not even very memorable from the movie. I'd much prefer that they retire the Ecto sometime next year and be done with it. 

Anyone else think that the upcoming Stay Puft fig from Dimensions might be a popular little must have also? I know he's on the small side, but he's all we've got for now.

I wonder if we'll get a different Slimer in this set vs the Dimensions set.  It happened in the Doctor Who Ideas set vs the Dimensions set, but the Dalek is brick built, so could be argued there are different ways to present a Dalek.

Anyways, I think that pricing the headquarters north of $200 is absolutely insane.

I agree. The expected price of about $350 means you get two full modulars for that. That _is_ insane. Who in their right mind would buy that? What is LEGO thinking?

But then - it is a large building. If it is just somehow cool and fits with the other modulars I will have to have it. Who said I am in my right mind? They got me.

Edited by 10230
  • Like 1

I agree. The expected price of about $350 means you get two full modulars for that. That _is_ insane. Who in their right mind would buy that? What is LEGO thinking?

But then - it is a large building. If it is just somehow cool and fits with the other modulars I will have to have it. Who said I am in my right mind? They got me.

People who are talking about "the price is too high!" are the exact same people that will buy the set. In case of investors even multiple ones.

LEGO AFOL are rarely in their right mind (or that's exactly where they are... who knows ;-) ).

DeathStar for 400 is alright though... because you wouldn't want to put it in your modular street?

I bet most people here are licking their fingers about these news and most of us collectors can't wait to finally see the product and if it is just slightly okayish we'll jump and buy it as soon as possible!

• Like 1

People who are talking about "the price is too high!" are the exact same people that will buy the set. In case of investors even multiple ones.

LEGO AFOL are rarely in their right mind (or that's exactly where they are... who knows ;-) ).

DeathStar for 400 is alright though... because you wouldn't want to put it in your modular street?

I bet most people here are licking their fingers about these news and most of us collectors can't wait to finally see the product and if it is just slightly okayish we'll jump and buy it as soon as possible!

Yeah I'll buy it. As for 5 or 10 or 20+ at the rumored price, not for me.