LEGO sale going on at Amazon

hollywdbri

i received mine today too, the shipping box looks exactly the same

did you try asking for an extra discount? i never asked but all 5 vampire castles came crushed, so im thinking it would be great if i could ask for a discount

The first order, I had them send replacements (which like I said, came better...but not good, still). It was too annoying to deal with, since I had to front the shipping and they'd refund it.

So, for this second order, I just mentioned I didn't want to return or replace, and they offered 20% discount to keep them. I took it but I am still not happy and will not roll the amazon.co.uk dice again

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AnnexBrett

Mine are on the way! So shall I start worry about it? :( as I posted in another thread, I received worse ghost trains from a local department store which was shipped from the other side of the city! They just don't care...I also have some currency discrepancy at amazon.co.uk. I have been charged in Pounds but the invoice says all currencies are in EURO. If I convert the difference to CND OR USD, its pretty significant.

Mine are on the way! So shall I start worry about it? :( as I posted in another thread, I received worse ghost trains from a local department store which was shipped from the other side of the city! They just don't care...I also have some currency discrepancy at amazon.co.uk. I have been charged in Pounds but the invoice says all currencies are in EURO. If I convert the difference to CND OR USD, its pretty significant.I have the same discrepancy. Paper invoices in the boxes show Euros, while online invoices and product pages show GBP. For example, 45.83 EUR and 45.83 GBP on the two separate invoices. Makes a big difference, as you said.

Guest AnnexBrett

Mine are on the way! So shall I start worry about it? :( as I posted in another thread, I received worse ghost trains from a local department store which was shipped from the other side of the city! They just don't care...I also have some currency discrepancy at amazon.co.uk. I have been charged in Pounds but the invoice says all currencies are in EURO. If I convert the difference to CND OR USD, its pretty significant.I have the same discrepancy. Paper invoices in the boxes show Euros, while online invoices and product pages show GBP. For example, 45.83 EUR and 45.83 GBP on the two separate invoices. Makes a big difference, as you said.According to the customer service is NORMAL. According to me its rughly $40 difference on their gain. I am done with this site too.

Mine are on the way! So shall I start worry about it? :( as I posted in another thread, I received worse ghost trains from a local department store which was shipped from the other side of the city! They just don't care...I also have some currency discrepancy at amazon.co.uk. I have been charged in Pounds but the invoice says all currencies are in EURO. If I convert the difference to CND OR USD, its pretty significant.I have the same discrepancy. Paper invoices in the boxes show Euros, while online invoices and product pages show GBP. For example, 45.83 EUR and 45.83 GBP on the two separate invoices. Makes a big difference, as you said.According to the customer service is NORMAL. According to me its rughly $40 difference on their gain. I am done with this site too.I'm a little bit confused by what the issue is - doesn't it only matter what they charge you on your credit card? Amazon.co.uk is based in the UK so their prices would be in GBP, which is what they should be charging you on your credit card regardless of what the paper invoice says. They wouldn't be charging you in Euros unless you ordered from Amazon.fr or Amazon.de or another site where they use the Euro as their currency. Unless somehow their invoices were printed somewhere else and the product wasn't shipped from the UK.

I ordered a Technic Helicopter in January from them and was charged the quoted price in GBP on my credit card - I didn't pay attention to the paper invoice though. I just ordered 2 of the Vampyre Castles, I will take a look when I get them

I'm a little bit confused by what the issue is - doesn't it only matter what they charge you on your credit card? Amazon.co.uk is based in the UK so their prices would be in GBP, which is what they should be charging you on your credit card regardless of what the paper invoice says. They wouldn't be charging you in Euros unless you ordered from Amazon.fr or Amazon.de or another site where they use the Euro as their currency. Unless somehow their invoices were printed somewhere else and the product wasn't shipped from the UK.

I ordered a Technic Helicopter in January from them and was charged the quoted price in GBP on my credit card - I didn't pay attention to the paper invoice though. I just ordered 2 of the Vampyre Castles, I will take a look when I get them

I wouldn't call it an issue, but the other poster's point was that if you take the same number and slap two different currency symbols on it, one will usually be equivalently cheaper than the other. In this case, the paper invoices show that number with a Euro and the web invoices show it with a GBP. Given the two choices, one would prefer the number as Euros to be charged to the credit card since it is about 20% cheaper than the GBP would have been.