5003084 - The Hulk

TheOrcKing

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2015, 7:58:28, exciter1 said:

I dig it and it will be available as part of Bricktober in Canada next week October 23-29.  It will be available in the US as part of a promo the week of December 6-12.

Exciter, is this confirmed somewhere?  I don't want to miss on this one and my local store is no help when it comes to giving information ahead of time for promotions. 

4 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Exciter, is this confirmed somewhere?  I don't want to miss on this one and my local store is no help when it comes to giving information ahead of time for promotions. 

Should be next week.  Some folks have already found them at TRU.  They are locked at the register, but some have been able to acquire them anyway.

20 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I think the Hydra Fortress Smash at the $42.98 discount + TRUTH + Hulk is a good combo.

About the only thing I like about that set is Quicksilver.  Can get Hulk in the better Hulkbuster set and then get Scarlet Witch as well.  I don't have any of the new Avengers sets yet, but I'm leaning away from buying any for the long haul as I've been burned by re-issues of figures too much in that theme.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, legogregors said:

Has the promotion been published?  I am curious how much will need to be purchased for Hulk and next week's Stormtrooper.

Micbelt provided this during the summer:

8/9  - #238533 Lego Super Heroes The Joker Bumper Car

10/25 - #372905 Lego Star Wars AT-DP 30274

11/1 - #306454 Lego Elves Azari Magic Fire

11/1 - #169326 Lego Star Wars Episode 7 CP3O <- How TRU has it

11/8 - #306446 Ninja Go Anacondrai Battle Mech

11/15 - #372913 Lego City Space Vehicle

11/29 - #372918 Lego City Demolition Driller

12/6 - #169132 Lego SH Avengers Hulk

12/13 - #168354 Lego SW Storm Trooper

12/20 - #372879 Lego Christmas Tree

It's been accurate thus far. I'd guess you'll probably need to spend $30 from the Super Hero theme. Only speculating.

52 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I think the Hydra Fortress Smash at the $42.98 discount + TRUTH + Hulk is a good combo.

Does the GC trick still work with TRUTH? It's been a while since I tried it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, legogregors said:

Has the promotion been published?  I am curious how much will need to be purchased for Hulk and next week's Stormtrooper.

It definitely starts the 6th and ends the 12th.  But to the crux of your question; I haven't heard what you have to spend.  Like Soad said, I'm guessing it's $30.  I more than likely can find out for sure tomorrow and will let you know if I do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soadfan4ever said:

Micbelt provided this during the summer:

11/1 - #169326 Lego Star Wars Episode 7 CP3O <- How TRU has it

It's been accurate thus far. I'd guess you'll probably need to spend $30 from the Super Hero theme. Only speculating.

I knew that list existed somewhere, but had no idea where and I didn't save it like I saved the roll out list from Lego.  As much as I hate shopping at TRU, going to have to grab at least a couple of these during the promotion.  E7 C-3PO didn't make it through the promotion here so I wasn't able to buy an extras, only the 2 for my son and I.

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

The partial pay and pay with GC still works, but some stores have been cracking down on it.  YMMV

This is one thing I don't understand about TRU.  Why would it matter if you're paying with GC?  Theoretically and, most likely, 95% of the time, someone has taken X amount of cash and put on a card, and now that card is being used to make a purchase.  That's like saying, "Sorry sir, we don't accept cash here."

7 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

This is one thing I don't understand about TRU.  Why would it matter if you're paying with GC?  Theoretically and, most likely, 95% of the time, someone has taken X amount of cash and put on a card, and now that card is being used to make a purchase.  That's like saying, "Sorry sir, we don't accept cash here."

They have an agreement with Visa.  If Visa says, "Why do we only get $1 for each transaction?", it won't be worth their time.  Bye bye TRUTH

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soadfan4ever said: Micbelt provided this during the summer:

11/1 - #169326 Lego Star Wars Episode 7 CP3O

I knew that list existed somewhere, but had no idea where and I didn't save it like I saved the roll out list from Lego.  As much as I hate shopping at TRU, going to have to grab at least a couple of these during the promotion.  E7 C-3PO didn't make it through the promotion here so I wasn't able to buy an extras, only the 2 for my son and I.

We have a polybag thread where I keep a list going. I'm a little behind on updating with sown recent info but for the promos you're talking about, you've got the right info.

58 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

They have an agreement with Visa.  If Visa says, "Why do we only get $1 for each transaction?", it won't be worth their time.  Bye bye TRUTH

If they balk at ANY partial pay, that makes sense.  But if it their ire is reserved for GCs only, that's what I have a problem with.

8 hours ago, dcdfan said:

If they're giving you an extra 10% off on Thursday & now Saturday, they want you use the CC not a gift card. Why on earth would they want you to charge $1 & use a GC. It's not that difficult...

No, it's not difficult.  Just as it's not difficult for one of the largest retailers in the world to remove a few lines of code in a POS system to not allow partial pay.  But when that little screen pops up and asks you if you want to Partial Pay, what gives any employee of the store the right to say you can't tap it?  So until they remove that option, it's going to be used.

Edited by Loghamel
  • Like 1