Which local Craigslist ad are you sick of looking at?

HappyHawkeye

Which ad drives you nuts? You know the one - it's been there for months, it's priced way too high, and it's constantly renewed so it shows up at the top every time you search for lego.

For me it's this create-a-puzzle. I do not like you, puzzle that's marginally related to lego :angry:

00H0H_3RTw4iLNCtT_600x450.jpg

Edited by HappyHawkeye
  • Like 3

Mine isn't LEGO related rather Transformers. Some local dude likes to buy and sell for no profit ... he constantly posts ads of 20-30 TFs piled on his pool table and in the ad more than half of them have *SOLD* next to the figure's name.

He's been using the same picture since January. TAKE A NEW PICTURE ALREADY!!

Which ad drives you nuts? You know the one - it's been there for months, it's priced way too high, and it's constantly renewed so it shows up at the top every time you search for lego.

For me it's this create-a-puzzle. I do not like you, puzzle that's marginally related to lego :angry:

We must be neighbors....howdy neighbor!

• Like 2

Here's mine:

00505_7Reyzu2KK2q_600x450.jpg

I swear this post as been up at least 6 months, if not a year.  Same pictures, same text:

Large lot of LEGOS that includes Life on Mars "Aero Tube Hangar", several LEGO Soccer sets and several Harry Potter LEGOS sets including the Hogswart Express train & station. There are LOTS of mini-figures. All for $300. If interested you can email through this ad or call Mike.

Edited by Alpinemaps

Nothing too obnoxious except the electronics store spamming WE WANT TO BUY ALL YOUR LEGO!! every day, except today this came along:

image 1

and this

image 1

and this

image 1

To top off these monstrosities, here are the ad details:

Brand new factory sealed.
Lego Compatible. 

My first contact with a potential buyer must be through Craig's list e-mail, it will not be through another e-mail address or phone/text...don't ask, I won't reply.
I am willing to negotiate on the price. But please understand, I cannot be the seller and the buyer. If you want to make a different offer, please do so, but don't be surprised if I make a counteroffer. I don't mind if you make a counter-counter offer... it's called bartering. This is not a garage sale so I'm not trying to sell it at garage sale prices. So please make a reasonable offer.

I guess I'm launching pre-emptive hate at these ads...

http://greenbay.craigslist.org/fuo/5223260702.html

This one annoys me all to heck. It's not even lego, but since they put "lego" in their description it pops up under my search. It's been listed for months, and gets renewed all the time. I get email alerts when a new listing pops up. Either they have a ton of these things, or NOBODY WANTS IT. GET A CLUE! 

I like ths thread. Good idea creating it.

We must be neighbors....howdy neighbor!

Haha.. is that the West side of Madison listing? Nice, got a couple of local BP'S around.

Hepcatpunk...a few weeks ago that UCS Helicarrier sitting on the shelf that you found...was that TRU over by the West town mall?

Edited by Kevink24

Indeed...saw they had another one last Thursday too, but I just want one to build. 

Haha, yeah, I wasn't sure before, but that's  the one I returned. I believe Jerryherb told you to check to make sure the "jerk face" that returned it, didn't steal all the minifigs. Glad to see I'm not a "jerk face" ...at least for not stealing minifigs. :angel:

Edited by Kevink24
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 9/22/2015 at 0:44 PM, HappyHawkeye said:

status update! still there, still $8

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Here's one in my area. It's been renewed almost every two weeks for the past two years. This person also has a loose Palace Cinema for the same price and of course, it's still sitting there as well. Not surprisingly, his Town Hall sold for $220 right away. LOL

Lego 10218 - $200 (napa county) 

Like brand new come with box and manuals , I live at Vallejo Glen Cove . Call me no text please

• 2 weeks later...

I have one, that isn't the same ad over and over, but the same general theme. I see posts for "Large Lego Collection - $100". And when you look at the ad, it's a collection of Duplo (Large Lego). For some reason it drives me a little crazy when people call Duplo "large lego", especially in this context.