Argos 3-4-2

TheGallows

Try Tesco’s they did have them at 3-2 for a while, around here they have moved on to Disney, but I expect there will be some still out there.  If you want sealed boxes, you can still pick them up on eBay at around £120 a box. 

20 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

You guys were lucky with the R2's and R5's. 

Argos over here is pants, prices go up before each of the 3 for 2 events and their stock levels are absolutely crap.

R2’s and Red 5’s were two years ago, more or less. It’s pretty much the same here now.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Sprocket77 said:

Think the 3 for 2 sale might be on it's way, Irish Argos prices have all gone through the roof since last week.

No dramatic change in pricing in the UK but they have pulled a lot of stock, and they did have a 3/2 around the 24th July last year, so possible this weekend.  

Still I’m not sure the Argos 3/2 has as much value as it did when they carried exclusive stock.  Unless you can stack an existing 20% with the 3/2, there isn’t much there you can’t pick up at 30/35% somewhere else without the risk of a beat up box.  

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Since the new UK Argos catalogue has just come out, this normally coincides with a sale and 3-for-2 offers on toys. You need to think outside the box (pun intended) as the best sets will be sold out online within minutes of the sale starting. Also, be prepared for damaged boxes and catalogue number stickers on them. From experience, I always Click & Collect from Argos as their packaging for delivery is probably the worst in the UK! When I collect, I normally reject about 30% of the boxes unless they are dirt cheap and good for parting out. The good old days of R2D2 and R5 are long gone ;-(

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

Site has been down on and off since 9am, very annouying when trying to get to the checkout.

Hopefully some of the prices will stay at the reduced amount, although i expect most will shoot back up to rrp.

I was thinking that also. I have ordered 3 Spiderman Web Ultimate Bridge at £67.49 each for pickup tomorrow. I'm hoping if the price stays the same I can ask for the 342. If however it's back up to full price i'm not going near them as 1/3 off can be got nearly all year round nowadays.

Edited by Alfiepops

Just now, Alfiepops said:

I was thinking that also. I have ordered 3 Spiderman Web Ultimate Bridge at £67.49 each for pickup tomorrow. I'm hoping if the price stays the same I can ask for the 342. If however it's back up to full price i'm not going near them as 1/3 off can be got nearly all year round nowadays.

LEGO Super Heroes Spiderman Web Ultimate Bridge - 76057

This is a great set, I'm also thinking of buying 2 to for personal build to nake the full bridge. This set should do very well post retirement, however this might be Marvels death Star and be around for a very long time as it is such a popular model and is their cash cow

12 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

This is a great set, I'm also thinking of buying 2 to for personal build to nake the full bridge. This set should do very well post retirement, however this might be Marvels death Star and be around for a very long time as it is such a popular model and is their cash cow

I think realistically you need three for a full bridge plus some bricklinked parts for the extra cabling. The third set you need for the centre span and some of the cabling.

2 leaves your bridge looking a bit unfinished at the sides. 

20160831_222529-1600x1200.jpg

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm sure you all know that Argos do place catalogue number stickers (sometimes several) on each box and then run a steamroller over them before throwing them off the top floor in a bin bag to the awaiting truck in the basement. Please expect a hit on sale prices when selling sets but, you should be OK if you part them out. I know I sound like an old record but, take a look at what they sent me below:

Argos Order AD090147577

Edited by TabbyBoy
Trouble adding photo

1 hour ago, The Lurker said:

Site has been down on and off since 9am, very annouying when trying to get to the checkout.

Hopefully some of the prices will stay at the reduced amount, although i expect most will shoot back up to rrp.

Do they change the prices at midnight if that is what they are planning to do?

7 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm sure you all know that Argos do place catalogue number stickers (sometimes several) on each box and then run a steamroller over then before throwing them off the top floor in a bin bag to the awaiting truck in the basement. Please expect a hit on sale prices when selling sets but, you should be OK if you part them out. I know I sound like an old record but, take a look at what they sent me below:

Argos Order AD090147577

What a car crash. How can they get it so wrong. The staff must be playing football with them in the back of the store room. Not even a collector would accept that.

Edited by Alfiepops

44 minutes ago, Alfiepops said:

44 minutes ago, Alfiepops said:

Do they change the prices at midnight if that is what they are planning to do?

The prices normally change early hours of the morning, if its still reduced at 8am then thats probably what the price will be, for that day at least.

Edited by The Lurker
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Looks like another 3 for 2 on the way starting 4th November for 4 days 

Also big Asda/George toy sale starts tomorrow, 03NOV according to HUKD ;-)

Thanks but, Argos isn't for me ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I think Asda/George is just a Toy Sale rather than 3 for 2 looking at flyers posted  on HUKD.

Not only that, they've knocked up to 70% off some LEGO sets in the past. Worth a look for those that have recovered from Tesco. Remember that others can price match Argos if you need decent boxes.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont blow all your money just yet,got word of an upcoming 3 for 2 lego event,date has not been confirmed yet but will post when I know for sure.

All the same if you see any well discounted sold out at lego sah sets buy now as by the time this event kicks off they could be all gone,at the same time dont go crazy.