75144 - UCS: Snowspeeder

oneknightr

Definately one of my favourite SW vehicles. I think that's down to a certain Star Wars game on the Nintendo 64.

I've got a 75049 still unopened which annoyingly keeps edging up in price on eBay, making it difficult decision to build or sell.

I'm sure I'll purchase one of these once it's released.

31 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

What planet are you on (not Hoth anyway)? The Snowspeeder is an iconic set from one of the coolest scenes in all of the movies, just because it didn't have much on screen time doesn't make it any less cool. Slave-1 got very little time in the OT too, do you think that's not iconic enough either?

I dont like UCS sets made from small machines, it looks strange. And Snowspeeder is not iconic. Iconic items are Xwing, Falcon, Tie fighter, ISD, DS, AT-AT. Funny that 2 iconic items are still not in UCS version  - AT-AT and DS I. 10188 + its shity remake are playsets / dollhouses, not UCS sets.

6 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

I dont like UCS sets made from small machines, it looks strange. And Snowspeeder is not iconic. Iconic items are Xwing, Falcon, Tie fighter, ISD, DS, AT-AT. Funny that 2 iconic items are still not in UCS version  - AT-AT and DS I. 10188 + its shity remake are playsets / dollhouses, not UCS sets.

you don't need 10188 or its remake as UCS when you already have DS II..

AT-AT is really missing... But will come 2018. There are currently first plans for that.

Edited by mauro23

Guest TabbyBoy
38 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

The UCS B-Wing remake will be a big seller too.

10227 got off to a very slow start in the UK so I sold it to a fellow Skoda driver on BP at cost. Since the mid-sized B-Wing also did well, I could be tempted with a remake, but I have to be strong and hold out for the big discounts as I have a feeling that a googolplex of these will be made and hoarded.

I'm happy for this re release because at >1000€ a set now, 10129 is just too much expensive. I'm sure people that bought this 12 years ago had plenty of time to make good money out of it.

I'll buy one for me for sure and certainly one or two to sell them in a few years (to pay for mine lol :) )

16 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

If you're really out, then you would serve a really good purpose by finding another hobby, job, or whatever, and just bailing from letting Lego bother you this much.  Seriously.  Find something else... no need to harp on everything, every day, on every hour in forums like this.  Life's too short to let little plastic interlocking blocks upset you and cause you to be so grumpy all the time.  Maybe you need a trip to Rio?  Or perhaps take up cricket or whatever angry brits find worthwhile to do to chill their negative angsty tones.

Hmm. I believe this is where the appropriate response is: SHOTS FIRED.

I think this looks great and I missed out on the original. It seems like a few posters on this forum are negative about everything and it is really starting to get annoying. Every set is a turd, every leak looks horrible and LEGO is a horrible company that is going down the drain. I respect that people have their own opinions about jeez give it a break already.

• Like 5

I like it. Long overdue UCS I'm fine with. For those who say why not this or that...some of us don't fall into the X wing/tie fighter category. This is my favorite rebel ship and I'd say the tie bomber is my favorite imperial ship..not much screen time for both but I like them.

Shouldn't be shocked to see remakes after a decade+. The OT was made now 40 years ago they can only do so much from that...I'm not going to hate as long as it's done right
(releasing a new DS few months after previous one retired little messed up...releasing a UCS snowspeeder after like 10 years I'm ok with)

That being said...

72a736ce8e263d6b02ad0697c16e51ee.jpg

• Like 1

I'm gonna have to agree that I don't see a reason to be negative about this set ( and I have been pretty negative before ). 

I understand that folks want UCS to be a big badass set but that's not always a realistic expectation especially in this day and age. And a remake of a set that has retired years and years ago will have much fandome unlike the DS 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, micbelt said:

I think this looks great and I missed out on the original. It seems like a few posters on this forum are negative about everything and it is really starting to get annoying. Every set is a turd, every leak looks horrible and LEGO is a horrible company that is going down the drain. I respect that people have their own opinions about jeez give it a break already.

I think the set looks fine. 

The vast majority (if not all) mods agree about the negative attitude posts. However, folks are free to express their thoughts.  Fortunately our member base is smart and usually learn to ignore such posts if they wish. 

• Like 1