75144 - UCS: Snowspeeder

oneknightr

• 3 months later...
21 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Looks like it's 2017 now...

75144 2017.jpg

So maybe this is not the Hoth Snowspeeder, but the speeder from the deleted scene in TFA? The First Order Snowspeeder as in set 75100 ?

EDIT: Then I saw the "Tags: Hoth" in the entry and realized my theory has a huge gaping hole in it ... never mind.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Technically, it wasn't even supposed to be a product, since it wasn't in the movie.

It actually was in the movie, but barely!  When Han and Chewie are setting the explosive, you see a quick shot of Rey jumping off of something then her and Finn climb up that stair case where they run out onto the upper deck where they witness Han Solo confronting Kylo.  You barely see the front of the speeder.  But I guess that was the segment that was cut in the film where they make it to the base after the chase.  Now that I know about the deleted scene, that scene now jumps out at me, because it affects the continuity a slight bit.

• Like 1

Just now, fossilrock said:

It actually was in the movie, but barely!  When Han and Chewie are setting the explosive, you see a quick shot of Rey jumping off of something then her and Finn climb up that stair case where they run out onto the upper deck where they witness Han Solo confronting Kylo.  You barely see the front of the speeder.  But I guess that was the segment that was cut in the film where they make it to the base after the chase.  Now that I know about the deleted scene, that scene now jumps out at me, because it affects the continuity a slight bit.

Is it really worth mentioning? :mda:

3 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Heck, they always make obscure figures out of characters that get 2 frames in a movie, so sure!

Hey, Phasma got her own constraction figure - she is maybe in 30 seconds of material in Ep VII. I understand insiders know she will feature in Ep VIII (hope that's not a spoiler) but sounds a little premature, and her character is undeveloped in TFA.

Phasma died in a garbage chute on starkiller base when it collapsed and went nova.  How are they going to get out of this plot hole?  Saying her super shiney chrome armor was able to withstand the extreme heat from the new star?  Puh-lease!!!

She better be dead... Otherwise, i'm going to start calling her Phasma the White.

Edited by fossilrock

2 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Phasma died in a garbage chute on starkiller base when it collapsed and went nova.  How are they going to get out of this plot hole?  Saying her super shiney chrome armor was able to withstand the extreme heat from the new star?  Puh-lease!!!

She better be dead... Otherwise, i'm going to start calling her Phasma the White.

I think Podrick Payne smuggled her out well before the base blew.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I think Podrick Payne smuggled her out well before the base blew.

I'm going with her and Han Solo battling to the death as they fall into the center of the planet as it collapsed.  They then hit the core, and she wakes up in White Armor on DeathMurder Base.

Lets' face it, Disney isn't going to come up with an original idea!  They have a history of ripping off the greats.

48 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I'm pretty sure she hid in a 1950's refridgerator to survive the blast.

In fact, there's already some Ep 8 spoiler photos showing Han was in there with her.

hqdefault.jpg

16 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

I'm pretty sure she hid in a 1950's refridgerator to survive the blast.

In fact, there's already some Ep 8 spoiler photos showing Han was in there with her.

hqdefault.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's Photoshoped.  There's certainly no Indiana Jones movie that exists that would have a scene like that.

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Can't wait for the LEGO Star Wars UCS Mini-Rig Collection
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBPn5fvtcAQyyum5K7NaB

Sadly, I owned that.  My parents obviously were looking for the cheap way out for SW toys...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Sadly, I owned that.  My parents obviously were looking for the cheap way out for SW toys...

I'm a child of the 70s/80s and OT, and I don't even remember that... "stuff."

Interesting article about them at Starwars.com. Who knew the price of plastic could do such things?

http://www.starwars.com/news/offscreen-but-not-forgotten-mini-rigs-body-rigs-and-other-kenner-vehicles

Edited by biking_tiger

• 4 months later...