BP Member MOCs & MODs

Locutus001

47 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

First - that's awesome, and very creative.

Second - I'm dying to see the Spider-Man bridge set incorporated into a city.  Any thoughts about that one?

I'm thinking the new Spider-Man bridge will be a nice set to add to a city. However, I'm pretty sure my minor case of OCD will want to modify it quite a bit. I'll probably want to take out the "play features", and make it uniform and symmetrical. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw a posting last week in the main MOCs thread of a modified Light Blue Grey Cafe Corner. I was inspired.

Started off using the actual CC instructions, then sort of realized that to add in an elevator and interior I'd have to break from the guide... before long I was just freestyling the whole thing. Used original instructions to accurately build the 45º corner joints, and pulled inspiration on interior mini-builds from a number of different sets, those familiar with modulars should be able to pick them out. About 60% of the way along, I realized I was sharing a lot of parts from the Parisian Restaurant, so as I progressed into the top floor and roof I started strategically picking bricks present in that set... hoping to save a few dollars in the end. Posted in the trade forum about that already. Detailed interiors are costly on the brick front.... Total parts count for this beast is 3561! 

I've got these images uploaded to dropbox.... not sure how to make dropbox links show up as images in the post. If possible please advise or edit! Big thanks also to Bublible and the team working on BlueRender. Beautiful results! 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwdw3kpsjj12o0c/Cafe Corner Assembled.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vor9r1kbyh1bsgm/Cafe Corner Ground.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/56ybd7qyqv7t1h4/Cafe Corner Ground2.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8xd1oo3a2mcsai/Cafe Corner Floor 1.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmltgcl4iuf670x/Cafe Corner Floor 2.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bv6s7eo2v6fpkow/Cafe Corner Roof.png?dl=0

Edited by Zelgazra
  • Like 4

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2015 at 7:55 PM, cladner said:

finally got some bricks to work out the ice cream shop some more... here's an update - still waiting for a double VIP/xmas promo pick abrick order to finish the last floor.

Wonderful!

When looking at the first picture... Miami comes to mind.

13 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

Love the colour scheme you've got going on. Great interior micro builds too. Very well done, could easily be submitted on Ideas! Love that rooftop terrace!

Thanks! I kind of like how the tan, dark tan and dark red go together. At first I was not sure how the colors would look, but now that it is completed...not too bad. I did the roof top terrace out of necessity, because I started to run out of pieces!

3 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I hate to have ask, but is this the Roman aqueducts?

Yes, one of the more famous (for it's still-standing huge scale) in southern France called the Pont du Gard. I visited at a younger age and the monument has always stuck with me as defining the words impressive and awesome. This photo is from the perspective of my fourth photo. I have the model on the shelf displayed the other way round, such that the river is on the right. If you examine some other real-life photos, and then the model, you'll note some detailed accuracy (as much allowed for the scale anyway). 

pont-du-gard.jpg

2 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

expensive...how long is this built?

Expensive due to my stubborn desire to have certain bricks in the right colours.... some of them turned out incredibly rare, I think I dropped $50 for 11 pieces somewhere along the line there.... Not sure what you mean by how long, so I'll answer in every way I can perceive the question... 

It took me about 1.5 months to gather the bricks from roughly 12 or 14 different orders. The total brick count sits at almost exactly 2100 pieces (I'm not sure the exact final count as a couple of unforeseen tweaks had to be made along the way... you can't test structural integrity in LDD unfortunately!). It took me approximately 3 6-hour sessions... I didn't have instructions, so hiding and revealing layers in the digital file ate some time despite all the bricks being pre-sorted (as orders came in). The build in dimensions is 67cm x 10cm x 22cm, or alternatively 84 studs x 12 studs x 24 bricks. 

• Like 8

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 2:34 PM, Kevink24 said:

I purchased three Spider-man Daily Bugle sets without minifigs and used the pieces (plus other pieces in our bulk bin) to build this little modular hospital. I also order a set of doctor office stickers from Brick Builders Pro.

The color palette works surprisingly well together and is rather striking. Also the usage of windows for the terrace is inspired.

12 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

Posted a couple months back, this was my first real MOC I put together and ordered from scratch. Total cost came to around $500 CAD. But it's one of a kind and I'm very happy with that! Borrowed a friend's DLSR to take some proper "artistic" shots.

I thought the digital render was impressive on its own, this turned out brilliantly.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

I would like to announce - for those who do render their LDD virtual models and may already know my work - that there is finally official page of my SunFlow MOD for BlueRender.

So, make the story short: anyone who cares can grab it for free at http://lego.queryen.com/php/_sfmod.php?j=en (there are separate WIN and MAC versions and lot more!),

regards

bublible

• Like 2

Nice.

Those trans-clear bars are so handy. I bought a couple dozen last year and ran out a few weeks ago from using them to prop up all the characters around our city (Buzz, Peter Pan, superheros, etc.).

Cape looks cool turned up. Gives it the effect that he's swooping down.

Amazing how the Kryptonite moves when you insert the phone. :P

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

Nice.

Those trans-clear bars are so handy. I bought a couple dozen last year and ran out a few weeks ago from using them to prop up all the characters around our city (Buzz, Peter Pan, superheros, etc.).

Cape looks cool turned up. Gives it the effect that he's swooping down.

Amazing how the Kryptonite moves when you insert the phone. :P

I purposely went for the swooping down effect with the cape turned up.  Glad you liked it.

I had to go back and look at the Kyptonite moving.  I'm pretty sure that was a 4 year old little boy's doing between the night before (some of the pics), and the next day (the pics with the phone).  lol

• Like 1