Brickficieny/ Brick Wizard replacements?

Silburned

In the past of I have relied on third party software to help me determine the cheapest possible route when buying parts from Bricklink.

Brickficiency and Brick Wizard are two great programs that do that.  However, both of these programs seem to be broken.

Brickficiency hasn't been updated since Nov 2014 and Brick Wizard was from Jan 2015.  It does sound like the developer of Brick Wizard is aware of the current issues and may have a solution however he doesn't have the time to update the program.

Has anyone found a replacement program?  Or am I stuck with just searching the store masses to find the best combinations?

Thanks,

Edited by Silburned

Funny.

The last few days, I tried updating the database and got errors.  Your magic comment must have fixed it.  Thanks!

Don't worry, I heard the same thing, that it wasn't working anymore.  Glad to hear it's working again.  I will have to give this a try tonight.  I've got a ton of things I need to order, and I'm a little overwhelmed trying to maximize it.  I know what I'm doing, just would like the help these apps offer.

I am using release 95.2 (one release before the latest) and seems to be working.

I'll have to give that one a try and see if that's a little more stable.

It's been a little finicky for me lately.  Definitely try a few different lists/combos.

So far, no luck.  But I'll see if I have luck with some of the bigger lists.  So far, no luck with my small (less than 20 parts) lists.

Okay, so I've tried the the latest releases, and no luck.  I only tried on my personal laptop.  I've got access to a Mac running Parallels and Windows 7, so I'll see if I have any luck there.

McAfee was tossing out the older version (95.2 and previous) as a trojan whenever I'd download it, too.  That was a little odd, but considering the error it was throwing (precautionary), I went ahead and ran it anyway.

Tried Brick Wizard, but it wouldn't even launch on my machine.  Not sure why.

• 3 months later...