9476 - The Orc Forge

M4x18

Why not?  If the price is right, I go in big.  I'm thinking of another 25 before I leave the office!

50 in total. that's akin to emazers stock. You obviously believe this set will do well. Your first 25 order made me jump on the Tesco website and order another 5 on my wife's debit card. She hasn't woke up yet as she was on night duty. HEHEHEHE.  :victory:

Unless your going to travel to the UK, it's probably best to stick to local currency. When i'm looking at USD I always have a currency converter website opened. It makes life easier.

I do that sometimes too, but I do not look in other currencies often. Does anyone know if the Orc Forge is OOS and all the countries or in just some of them on LEGO Shop at Home?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

It's gone at last!

Even LEGO Shop at Home in the UK have it down as a retired product when I typed in 9476.

I'll wait for the dust to settle before I dump my Tesco job lot.

I'm not sure what's going on but, LEGO Shop at Home UK also states that the Vampyre Castle 9468 has also just retired.  It must have as Amazon have just put their prices up!

Just bought 7 Orc Forges for $45 each, and 3 Christmas Polybags 40078 for $9 each, all at Legoland Toronto with the passholder's 10% discount. I took my son there on Saturday for their costume event (he was a 501st clone trooper) and after nearly losing his gun in the park he was given a mini Tie Fighter for free. We then went to the store and I saw they had 4 Orc Forges on the shelves. I don't buy investment lego in front of my son because he'll only want to play with them, so I came back today to get the 4 and was pleasantly surprised to see they had 7, all in pristine condition. Patience is a virtue after all. This brings my total to 9 (really 8 since I will open one eventually). I wonder if they will "discover" more now that I cleared them out. My other 2 came from there 2 months ago and I didn't expect top get those either.

I'm not sure what's going on but, LEGO Shop at Home UK also states that the Vampyre Castle 9468 has also just retired.  It must have as Amazon have just put their prices up!

These are not reitred, at least not in the United States.  The Vampyre Castle is still "Available Now" on the LEGO Shop at Home website, and the Orc Forge still just shows "Sold Out."  But these days, "Sold Out" means basically retired.  Basically, not entirely.  :)

Well, I've got a pallet load of them to shift next year.  I admit, I was nervous (and still am) about buying so many.

How could you possibly fail at your massive 50% discount. I don't plan to sell my extra six sets until the EOL of the whole LOTR & The Hobbit sets. However if you even sold a quarter (25) of them at the beginning of December you'll be quids in. Selling them on BIN will get you a decent amount of your initial investment back. The Hobbit 2 coming out later will spark a new rush for both themes just in time for Christmas. Rest easy.  :sweat:

Guest TabbyBoy

Orc Forge is back as "Temporarily out of stock" lol i am seriously starting to think lego reads these forums and does it just to mess with our minds.

If Lego really wanted to mess with our minds, they'd bring out a limited edition (20,000 units) of the 41888 (not 41999) with red bodywork.  Imagine the carnage if that happened?  Go on Lego, I dare you!  Honestly, I don't doubt that Lego read our messages, it's called market research.

If Lego really wanted to mess with our minds, they'd bring out a limited edition (20,000 units) of the 41888 (not 41999) with red bodywork.  Imagine the carnage if that happened?  Go on Lego, I dare you!  Honestly, I don't doubt that Lego read our messages, it's called market research.

Next thing you know, there is a 41888 out on the market within the next year! :thumbsup:

I'm willing to bet that this will be back in stock in time for black friday, and then will finally retire once sold out.  It will probably be LEGO Shop at Home only.  I talked to the manager of my local Lego store and they said that it's completely off their radar and won't be back on the shelf at all.

Guest TabbyBoy

The more I think about this set, the more I think it's overhyped, overproduced and possibly undesirable after EOL once the latest and greatest sets are out..  I'll decide by the weekend whether to return 90 of the 100 I bought from Tesco the other week for