10251 - Brick Bank

DadsAFOL

How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

It really is going to be interesting to see whether LEGO give us one final proper production run, or whether it is simply going to be final returns available before this thing disappears for good. My feeling is that it will be the latter.

Hmmm... alarm bells regarding box condition? I've even had complaints about boxes that were double-sealed. If enough people click on "Add to wishlist" there'll be at least one more run.

21 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Yeah sorry. My bad. I screwed up when I combined your poll post with the primary thread.

Remind me the set up and I’ll see if I can add a poll to this thread.

I know I didn’t screw it up with your other poll post.

Same as the 10246 one.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Hmmm... alarm bells regarding box condition? I've even had complaints about boxes that were double-sealed. If enough people click on "Add to wishlist" there'll be at least one more run.

In my experience, the presumed returns have been in exactly the same condition as any normal order.

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

In my experience, the presumed returns have been in exactly the same condition as any normal order.

I had to return a box of 2 Pet Shops last year as they were double-sealed even though they were in a factory carton. I recall the seal codes being about a year old at the time. It's pot luck I suppose.

48 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Starting to wish I had more. The early eol bump on this is impressive. Only 12 sellers on amz is nuts. 

Me too. I'm disappointed that my LEGO Shop at Home order got cancelled. I managed to get in at the right time but got greedy and ordered two of them. If I'd ordered one I'd probably have got it. I forgot the golden rule of always ordering one at a time when they are doing the dance.

My back ordered Brick Bank from LEGO Shop at Home hasn't been canceled outright yet. I did get 2 delay of shipment notices and the last one says "will ship by" 12/23.

I did already get the holiday promo and the small sale item I ordered in advance so I was actually glad about that. I had thought that if they canceled the order for the Brick Bank I would still be ok since I got the promo item for practically nothing. But now that I'm seeing a bit of a secondary market price boost, I hope I still get mine. Luckily I got one last one from the actual store during Black Friday.

Guest TabbyBoy

Prices on eBay UK are now just over RRP after fees. I think it's too early to sell as there's a high risk of a return if it comes back at SaH. I still think it's a risk judging by it being tagged, small discounts and dismal PS performance. Some BBs are now on eBay at around RRP posted so somebody's getting them cheap.

7 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Prices on eBay UK are now just over RRP after fees. I think it's too early to sell as there's a high risk of a return if it comes back at SaH. I still think it's a risk judging by it being tagged, small discounts and dismal PS performance. Some BBs are now on eBay at around RRP posted so somebody's getting them cheap.

Looking at auctions, one is currently running at £170 including postage. That's a decent indication of demand already. Buy-it-now listings may just be people underpricing. Besides, this isn't one to flip.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, stuco191 said:

Just saw this! Are these Christmas hype prices or will they stay that high past Jan/Feb? Trying decide if I should sell my two now?

Not sure. Reminds me a little of the Sea Cow. That shot up to $450 after it went out of stock. Turned out it was resellers panic buying and it crashed back down to rrp in a few months. This feels different though. 

I think the people buying this now are the people who want the set to build. They figure better to buy it now than wait for the price to rise even more. UK prices don't seem quite so high as those reported US prices, but the cheapest BIN on eBay is still £190 now. Detective's Office is up at £180 too. I saw one in a store at RRP yesterday and passed on it because I was more interested in Brick Banks. Regretting that already.

12 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

I think the people buying this now are the people who want the set to build. They figure better to buy it now than wait for the price to rise even more. UK prices don't seem quite so high as those reported US prices, but the cheapest BIN on eBay is still £190 now. Detective's Office is up at £180 too. I saw one in a store at RRP yesterday and passed on it because I was more interested in Brick Banks. Regretting that already.

Yeah, I have a feeling 10251 will be a Seacow and 10246 will be the sleeper that outguns it. If our polls are more accurate than any recent UK election exit poll, then neither set is massively hoarded. 

Edited by Val-E

Guest TabbyBoy

I think the latest modulars are very high risk unless bought cheap. We all know that the "Pet Shop Curse" can hit as soon as the horde start to offload and I'm staying well away for now.

6 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I think the latest modulars are very high risk unless bought cheap. We all know that the "Pet Shop Curse" can hit as soon as the horde start to offload and I'm staying well away for now.

Is there really a horde to offload, though? The ones like us who avoided modulars are now having their periods trying to get some same as with Town Hall back in the day.