10251 - Brick Bank

DadsAFOL

How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm hoping that completionists will start wanting the Pet Shop. I did see a BB in Farnborough Smyths at RRP this week, but it had a ding in the box and a price sticker, I passed. At least this gives me hope for the PR, even though it'll be stockpiled.

Edited by TabbyBoy

1 hour ago, Captain_chaos said:

The cheapest BB now available in the UK on eBay is up to £220. One sold today for £225.99. If there are no more runs and only a smattering of returns available I can't see it dropping.

Based on previous performances, peak oil will be late Jan/early Feb and prices will fall back after that.

• 1 month later...
Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

Some fool is crushing the prices of this on Bricklink. It was selling at $275, and now they keep lowering it... Sub-$200, approaching RRP again.

It's oversupply vs. demand and a lot are sick of hoarding big sets. The BB was very available everywhere in the UK and I expect falls toward RRP eventually as more people start tripping over their stock. A few large sets do spike after EOL and then settle down again. I'm done with modulars, to much box for too little profit... not to mention risk of return for business sellers, fraud and SNAD.

what percent do folks here think the current puchasers are end-use consumers for BB vs resellers adding to their stock?

I simply don't think modulars have hit mainstream (yet, if ever) ...I have yet to see a set at someone's home or pretty much anywhere outside of the Lego store. They are amazing sets but the entire line is priced at a point where only the top 1% (no idea really...other than its got to be low) of collectors would make it a priority and pay the premium to get older versions as well. Clearly past sets have appreciated well, but there is defintely a critical mass growing w/ each new set...not to mention Lego continues to release more great modulars every year.

16 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

what percent do folks here think the current puchasers are end-use consumers for BB vs resellers adding to their stock?

I simply don't think modulars have hit mainstream (yet, if ever) ...I have yet to see a set at someone's home or pretty much anywhere outside of the Lego store. They are amazing sets but the entire line is priced at a point where only the top 1% (no idea really...other than its got to be low) of collectors would make it a priority and pay the premium to get older versions as well. Clearly past sets have appreciated well, but there is definitely a critical mass growing w/ each new set...not to mention Lego continues to release more great modulars every year.

98% resellers - I think we marked modulars as a waning investment about 4 years ago.  Still learning the hard way apparently.  It's a hard $5 profit on these things.

You can put me in the 0.5% group. I snatched one up on Amazon last week for retail price. It was listed as the last one in stock with more on the way but thought for sure that couldn't be right.  Guess I was wrong, as it is now back in stock selling for $169.99.

Edited by haftajet

4 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

It's oversupply vs. demand and a lot are sick of hoarding big sets. The BB was very available everywhere in the UK and I expect falls toward RRP eventually as more people start tripping over their stock. A few large sets do spike after EOL and then settle down again. I'm done with modulars, to much box for too little profit... not to mention risk of return for business sellers, fraud and SNAD.

Curious...what do you think is the sweet spot in price of a set that yield realtively high profit to "manageable if deal goes sour" ratio?

Here's my novice take: has to be >$25 profit just to cover shipping and fees...and assuming a 35% off buy-in....my guess is $65 sell price

1 hour ago, BrickLegacy said:

I had hopes for this set but feels like another Pet Shop now.  'tis doomed

Bombed here. Still available at LEGO Shop at Home for $250 , but the 70+ listers on eBay can help you get it for under $200 pretty easily.

After pet shop , I couldn’t see how anyone would think this set would be any different. 

I'm having great success here in Canada. Amazon has it in stock... listed at $399. (Retail was $219.99). It's been my most profitable set since Christmas.
Depends where you are... since Black Friday it never really resurfaced here in Canada. Good for us... for those who got some.

Had lots of success with Detectives Office too! I got Assembly Square for half price... loaded up and I'm making a lot off those too! Modulars are about 80% of my sales since Christmas... probably higher. There's a high demand for them... atleast in my area.

Edited by jimmajenga