10251 - Brick Bank

DadsAFOL

How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

Nice set.  In this case though, they could have saved the dry cleaners for another interior Modular.  I think it takes away from overall appearance of an important corner set.  The truly iconic corner sets look better as one building IMO.  A bank could have and should have been a special set.

you missed the humor by lego designer. The bank and (money) laundering outlet, how appropriate!

• Like 1

With all due respect, I think the majority are missing the scale on Lego's ongoing modular series.  Lego obviously didn't feel that a "Bank" deserved a stand alone modular(not many due) nor a Laundromat any bigger than what it looks like in the pictures.  It doesn't make sense imo to have a "Town Bank" as big as a Town Hall or Department Store.   They obviously have a grand plan for the future that is endless.....   

Edited by Kodiak10
  • Like 1

Agreed.  I was thinking something along the lines of the BOA building in Chicago or the Fed building across the street.  Ironically enough, the Board of Trade building which is across the street from both of these buildings (It's at the end of the street), is the Wayne HQ in Batman Begins.

BOA:

Fed:

Board of Trade:

Somehow, I would not see a pets shop or detective's office next to one of the mastodonts you posted.

Like the exterior design of the new set. Definetely will buy

I agree that the Laundromat is completely out of place - I am pretty sure that rent levels (at this location) would make the success of such an establishment impossible. 

Yeah, it would have made more sense if it were a dry cleaners.  There are often dry cleaners near office buildings that cater to the white collar business types. 

Somehow, I would not see a pets shop or detective's office next to one of the mastodonts you posted.

Like the exterior design of the new set. Definetely will buy

Can't you see the petshop on the right side building first and second floor and the detective's office on floor 11?

I think anything much bigger than the current modular size would just be too big for the normal customer. I mean I'm already starting to struggle with my collection... Have to put more sets into some box than on display... UCS Imperial Shuttle, AT-ST, the new MF, the new Imperial Shuttle tydirium, an ATDP, the ghost/phantom combo... my first modular I've build (DO) and the 3 MOCs I have build take up quite some space.... also all these minifigs!!! Had to put some of them together with smaller sets into drawers already!!! And I do not think that my place is the smallest there is... so probably size matters (and not only the price).

Still need to find some space to build EV, PR, BB (Brick Bank ;-)) and the UCS TIE, Slave I, ... oh my god... the sheer amount of LEGO sets I'd love to build and keep and put on display is just too
humongous!!!

Edited by Locutus001

The most logical and coherent thing is if BB retires PS. However, logic does not always work with Lego investment so we´ll see. PS is out to 30 days in the US so I expect it to move oto Sold Out when Holiday Train comes out if it is going to retire.

I'm betting it's PS. I bought into the PC idea for awhile but I think TH was just so different & not in line with the rest of theme & didn't sell so well...Just my opinion...

• Like 1

i wasnt planning on it but i went to a lego store today and snagged a pet shop along with a few other sets for 2xvip.  Regardless I bought one of the last 2 Pet Shops in the store.  I dont plan on investing in these, since i feel these are vastly horded so this is for opening to start a modular collection. They had a lot of the other sets still there. A couple of the employees felt Pet Shop was going, and that PC would stick around for another 2xvip in the spring. 

The brick bank just looks great in my opinion. I personally think PC is the nicest of the modulars, but the BB is top 3 IMO. 

• Like 1

With all due respect, I think the majority are missing the scale on Lego's ongoing modular series.  Lego obviously didn't feel that a "Bank" deserved a stand alone modular(not many due) nor a Laundromat any bigger than what it looks like in the pictures.  It doesn't make sense imo to have a "Town Bank" as big as a Town Hall or Department Store.   They obviously have a grand plan for the future that is endless.....   

i agree. And lego is forward looking in that future of banks will be online and physical bank buildings will be far fewer in future. In fact there should be far fewer banks soon as the tech giants move into this space with digital payment systems. Who needs greedy, overpaid bankers?

i agree. And lego is forward looking in that future of banks will be online and physical bank buildings will be far fewer in future. In fact there should be far fewer banks soon as the tech giants move into this space with digital payment systems. Who needs greedy, overpaid bankers?

I dunno.  I believe it will be a few years before banks are half the size of McDonalds.  I guess it's a taste thing.  I prefer a grand bank vs a small one where people wash their laundry on the second floor.

Edit:  Don't get me wrong though; I do love this modular.  I just think I would've liked it more had they done a large, stand-alone bank.

Edited by Loghamel