10251 - Brick Bank

DadsAFOL

How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:23 AM, dcdfan said:

I think you took a wrong turn somewhere...

Maybe I misunderstood but selling something that is $180 for $280 seems like easy profit and selling to people who if they just looked at the LEGO store would see they were being ripped off.

5 minutes ago, g978 said:

Maybe I misunderstood but selling something that is $180 for $280 seems like easy profit and selling to people who if they just looked at the LEGO store would see they were being ripped off.

Some people will pay a premium for the "before anyone else" status...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, g978 said:

What do u mean ripped off? Don't even know what the conversation is about but again, ripped off? These people should realize that they did not get ripped off, they should realize that they overpaid cause they are too stupid and lazy to look around

6 minutes ago, g978 said:

True, having something a few days early must be worth a $100 to them. Odd but true.

Maybe some went to internet reviewers. Well worth a $100...

6 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

What do u mean ripped off? Don't even know what the conversation is about but again, ripped off? These people should realize that they did not get ripped off, they should realize that they overpaid cause they are too stupid and lazy to look around

It wasn't lazy or stupid. They purchased before street...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Well in that case...still no rip off in first place, if I'm going to list brick bank for cool G, is that ripping ppl off? No, im not making them buy it

On one level I agree that the people buying should find out what the real price is (i.e. LEGO's price). But we all know there are some people with more money than sense and putting it up for $280 or $1000 in your example is just gouging them and taking advantage of their stupidity. Unless it was for reviews (and I didn`t see any before Jan 1st that didn`t come other than from LEGO supplied set s like Brickset) then paying $100 for 2,3 or 4 days early is just a silly waste of money. But it is their money so....

Edited by g978
Typo corrected

The secondary market exists because there is demand BEFORE during and AFTER a set is officially available. The price a buyer is willing to pay for this service is in their hands - moreso if it is pre-release as they shall be able to  get it cheaper if they are patient.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Val-E said:

20% off for Brick Friday plus nutcracker boi plus paypal coupon for eligible countries plus cashback sounds a nice deal.

Except when you're in The Netherlands, because BB is €170 (vs €150 in Germany) and there are no paypal coupon nor cashback options available here. :P 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

The cashback ends before Brick Friday. I already bought it from TRU with £5 off, 20% cashback (received), free minifigure collection, and £10 gift card, which is probably better.

If the Nutcracker is the new GBH, we're all made! :)

Edited by lukiepete