10251 - Brick Bank

DadsAFOL

How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

Spider-man does go great with the modulars. Even my wife has taken to him swinging around the different buildings in our modular city. I've been meaning to add that particular Doc Ock as a counterpart and Alpine makes a great point; I'm going to be getting one of these before double VIP ends. : )

BB really makes one appreciate PR though. Recent ones have taken interiors to the next level but exteriors aren't as legen-wait-a-year-for-the-next-modular-dary anymore. PR was easily the best combination of exterior and interior.

Edited by Pedilego
  • Like 5

Spider-man does go great with the modulars. Even my wife has taken to him swinging around the different buildings in our modular city. I've been meaning to add that particular Doc Ock as a counterpart and Alpine makes a great point; I'm going to be getting one of these before double VIP ends. : )

BB really makes one appreciate PR though. Recent ones have taken interiors to the next level but exteriors aren't as legen-wat-a-year-for-the-next-modular-dary anymore. PR was easily the best combination of exterior and interior.

Also PR has a combination of tenants -- restaurant, apartment, and artist's studio -- that makes sense.  I would prefer that Lego leave the storytelling to builders' imaginations, especially for 'expert' level sets.

• Like 1

I liked it but I'm coming around because I don't like basing major parts of a set around the story. I don't feel like the DO changed significantly from what it would've been, whereas I think the laundry facility is a bit forced and took away from the core build.

It's interesting how they started the modular line by promoting duplication. Corners were all-star sets for that, too. Recently though they've steered away from that. I have no desire for a second PR or DO. Corner Bank? Sounds like a home run. But the floor plan as a result of fitting in the Laundry room makes multiples much less desirable. I'm sure they know that though and have observed people just having 1-ofs anyway due to space now or something.

I'm am entirely serious about that Doc Ock set. I'm going to stock up on these starting tomorrow.

Hopefully it doesn't come with an armored truck polybag lol 

Edited by Pedilego

I'm cool with BB.  DO bugs me a bit, since it simply does not fit with the other modulars.  It's a gritty, wrong side of the tracks sort of building.  All the rest are very upscale, 5th Avenue types.  In surveys, 93% of minifigures say they would cross to the other side of the street to avoid walking past the DO.  Unless they wanted some 'cookies', of course, but no one ever admits that in surveys...

I think that DO will fit well next to the laundry on the "side street". I can see LegoLand getting grittier as you get off of Main Street. Need to build some apartment buildings and a bodega for the other side of the side street. I'd be happy if Lego started to alternate buildings on each side of the tracks.

I think that DO will fit well next to the laundry on the "side street". I can see LegoLand getting grittier as you get off of Main Street. Need to build some apartment buildings and a bodega for the other side of the side street. I'd be happy if Lego started to alternate buildings on each side of the tracks.

I think you gave me an idea. How about a "Zombie Apocalypse" version of the Modulars?

• Like 2

I think you gave me an idea. How about a "Zombie Apocalypse" version of the Modulars?

In a grim future scarred from a deadly plague, the world is overrun by a swarm of the undead thirsting for the fresh flesh of the living. Now traveling from one rundown house to another, a handful left of the human race are tasked to find the few other survivors out there amongst the remains while searching for the lost key that will restore the natural order. Hungry savages at all sides, a cursed legacy behind them, an unknown path riddled with chaos before them, can they succeed in saving the Earth ....and their own humanity?

(Cue the 80's "John Carpenter" style horror music.)

• Like 2