10251 - Brick Bank

DadsAFOL

How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

Well, I've already sold my 8 brick banks in less than 24 hrs. 6 for buy it now $280, and the other two are on auction. Can't believe how fast they went! I'm getting another 8 from my guy tmrw, and I will probably relist at 290, and see if they sell...I know I don't have much time left to sell these

• Like 2

3 hours ago, darin said:

Well, I've already sold my 8 brick banks in less than 24 hrs. 6 for buy it now $280, and the other two are on auction. Can't believe how fast they went! I'm getting another 8 from my guy tmrw, and I will probably relist at 290, and see if they sell...I know I don't have much time left to sell these

Darin, I hope you abstained from betting on Weidman this past weekend.  Dude got lit up.  At least he made it longer than 13 seconds.

• Like 1

On December 16, 2015 at 4:48 PM, darin said:

Where did you find them?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is healthy or not, but I've become hooked on the modular buildings that it's turned into an obsession.  It started last October when I decided to use points on a pet shop, and when I built it, realized how freaking cool the experience and final product was.  Then I got the Parisian Restaurant for Christmas from my wife, and also am working on the Palace Cinema.  I'm definitely planning on adding Detectives Office, Grand Emporium, and Fire Brigade to my mix this year. 

The Brickbank is just a gem, IMO.  There are many interesting and iconic sets out there, but I think this is definitely one of the best sets Lego has created.  I have not bought this one yet, because i'm trying to now acquire many of the older ones first, but this is definitely a 2xVIP buy for me.  It seems like Lego's modular buildings just keep getting better and better.   I personally, don't mind the bizarre story lines like in the Detectives Office, or the Brick Bank.  I personally think those little stories take these sets to an even higher level.  

• Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2015 at 4:48 PM, darin said:

Sounds like the people buying are fools since it is available for $179 online or in LEGO shops. Easy profit for Darin - taking advantage of fools.

Been putting this together since I picked it up release day. Finished it off last night, but had a first occur for me in Bag 4. I had a missing piece! Every other time I've thought I was missing a piece, I'd just search harder and eventually it would be there. This time, for real, a single missing 1x8 white plate. It's location was for the bottom edge of the roof layer, and was easy to swap with any old plate lying around to maintain stability for the rest of the build. When I'd finished, I discovered in my 'extra pieces' a 2x4 blue plate in place of my missing 1x8 white. 2x4 blue plates don't appear on this set's inventory. How it got into the bag instead of 1 more (of a total 4) different sized white plate is absolutely beyond me.

Anyone had a weird one-off substitution like this on a modular before? I've heard that if sets are missing things, it's normally an entire bag, or an entire set of a brick type. This just seems weird. Ordered my 1 replacement 1x8 white plate off Bricks & Pieces.... felt heinously silly. 

• Like 1

On October 18, 2015 at 3:19 AM, valenciaeric said:

I would venture to say that the US has had it good for a while now and that TLG are slowly trying to balance worldwide prices. 170 USD at an exchange rate of 1.12 USD/EUR brings you in line with the cheapest Eurozone prices whereas before many sets were at 1 USD / 1 EUR hence our endless moaning about preferential treatment as discounts also tend to be better over there.

I think that apart from the RRP increase,it is the gradual trimmig of the latter that is making the product more expensive. However, it is supply and demand and if we benefit from it on the secondary market, TLG surely feels their product is underpriced on the new market. Perhaps when  demand falls off and Lego becomes less fashionable, things will change but that would also be bad news for us.

Higher new prices also make our inflated ones easier to swallow.

there are many of the things that need to be considered such as distributions up the goods. This just happens to be much cheaper in the US.The cost of goods is not just determined by the cost of the raw materials.The cost of goods is not just determined by the cost of the raw materials.there are many of the things that need to be considered such as distributions up the goods. This just happens to be much cheaper in the US. Also cost of marketing needs to be considered. In the US you can market to 300 million people in the same language.and looking at the exchange rate is just not how you should look at the value of a currency in its own country. The value of a single euro in Europe first value of a single US dollar in the United States are two separate comparisons to be made. Consider the Bigmac comparison. Anyhow just my two cents but it's not as simple as the pic of you. And just like any other popular good the manufacture can drive the prices up as they feel like doing. They don't have to necessarily justify that. Selling of the goods/increased revenues year-over-year will justify that. Till it stops....

On 12/01/2016 at 2:54 AM, Zelgazra said:

Been putting this together since I picked it up release day. Finished it off last night, but had a first occur for me in Bag 4. I had a missing piece! Every other time I've thought I was missing a piece, I'd just search harder and eventually it would be there. This time, for real, a single missing 1x8 white plate. It's location was for the bottom edge of the roof layer, and was easy to swap with any old plate lying around to maintain stability for the rest of the build. When I'd finished, I discovered in my 'extra pieces' a 2x4 blue plate in place of my missing 1x8 white. 2x4 blue plates don't appear on this set's inventory. How it got into the bag instead of 1 more (of a total 4) different sized white plate is absolutely beyond me.

Anyone had a weird one-off substitution like this on a modular before? I've heard that if sets are missing things, it's normally an entire bag, or an entire set of a brick type. This just seems weird. Ordered my 1 replacement 1x8 white plate off Bricks & Pieces.... felt heinously silly. 

When I built the 10242 Mini Cooper last year I had a similar experience. In the inventory list it says there should be 6 black 1x2 grill plates and 8 silver 1x2 grill plates. Instead I got 7 black grill plates and 7 silver grill plates. Same weight, so it wasn't detected by quality control, apparently.

I contacted Lego Support about the missing silver grill plate, and it was sent to me free of charge. 

On 10/11/2015 at 9:39 AM, Ed Mack said:

Nice set.  In this case though, they could have saved the dry cleaners for another interior Modular.  I think it takes away from overall appearance of an important corner set.  The truly iconic corner sets look better as one building IMO.  A bank could have and should have been a special set.

Agree 100%.  Now that the set has been out for 2 weeks, has anyone seen the modification to remove the laundromat and extend the bank all the way to the end on both the 1st and second floors?  I am wondering if it would be cheaper to wait a year or two and buy only the necessary parts via bricklink or Lego BandP to turn the set into a true corner modular, or if it would be better to wait a year or two and buy two sets.  I suppose with two sets it would be easier to construct a separate laundromat modular.

I am trying to think what would be a good idea for the corner currently occupied by the laundromat.  Desk Manager's office?  Extend the vault?   In the mean time, I am sure some very creative folks will come up with a good solution!