Official Brick Classifieds Deal Thread

Jeff Mack

• 1 year later...

If you are logged in you should see the two buttons to Make and Offer and Contact The Seller.   I think it's one card for $500, but I will let BA make the final answer on that.

that was it. I just clicked on the banner ad on BP but wasn't logged in. I sent him a message on BC we will see who is cheaper me or him ;) 

thanks 

I think you may have misunderstood me. I was referring to the sellers on other sites. In other words, the lowest price on another site isn't necessarily apples to apples when taking into consideration other factors. Sold prices and trends should be considered more IMO.  And using SSD as an example, that trend is up.

If we are agreeing that selling here minus part or all of the selling fees from another site is appropriate, we are on the same page. People demanding something be sold even lower than that aren't making sense to me though.

Sure we are on the same page.  I misunderstood a little, but thinking the same thing.

As far as the price, I wouldn't want people to drop to crazy levels. That doesn't make sense.  But as an example, lets take a #10224.  Right now cheapest on Amazon is $599.99, on eBay for a Buy it Now I see $495 + $35 for shipping = $530, eBay fees of $45+ leaves you around $485.  If you price the set between $500-$510 w/free shipping, you could get some attention and still make more profit.

My numbers are just rough examples of how it could be good for both parties, but what we need are people to start talking about it whether it be social media, on other community forums, etc. Buyers out there need to learn of solid listings like that and once it's in their heads will consistently begin to check it out and compare. When they see they get quality service for a lower price, it may become their goto place to shop for LEGO. 

• Like 2

It has nada to do with the BP price guide.  Sell for a reasonable prices based on comparable marketplaces like EBay, Amazon, and Bricklink.  Without brokerage fees (besides PayPal transaction fees, shipping, etc.), you should consider looking at the comparable marketplaces and take into account their fee schedules.  I think that's pretty much it.  If you want to make yourself stand-out among the other sellers, discount below their prices or build-up your feedback however you see fit, with loss leaders or being a good 'ol price winner.

You've summed it up here really well.  IMO, a smart seller prices not only for the marketplace they are selling on, but for the overall market. Sometimes it works out in your favor - as in, you can sell on BC for "less money" but you're still making a better profit.  Other times, no so good. For example, there was a set that I listed on eBay the other day that I'd make a nice profit.  But for whatever reason, when I checked pricing on Bricklink (to list it there as well), the price was considerably lower - beyond normal adjustment for marketplace fees.  It just didn't make any pricing sense to list on Bricklink.

Bottom line, though, is you need to do your homework, and do your "conversions" to make sure you're getting what you want out of a set, and maximizing your exposure.

• Like 2

Sure we are on the same page.  I misunderstood a little, but thinking the same thing.

As far as the price, I wouldn't want people to drop to crazy levels. That doesn't make sense.  But as an example, lets take a #10224.  Right now cheapest on Amazon is $599.99, on eBay for a Buy it Now I see $495 + $35 for shipping = $530, eBay fees of $45+ leaves you around $485.  If you price the set between $500-$510 w/free shipping, you could get some attention and still make more profit.

My numbers are just rough examples of how it could be good for both parties, but what we need are people to start talking about it whether it be social media, on other community forums, etc. Buyers out there need to learn of solid listings like that and once it's in their heads will consistently begin to check it out and compare. When they see they get quality service for a lower price, it may become their goto place to shop for LEGO. 

Glad that we are on the same page and for the most part I agree with you, just not with at least one other member asking for 15% reductions.

I'm glad you brought that set up actually (10224), because the listing you are referring to: 181890498736 is actually used.  Part of it was built before and therefore it is not comparable to a fully sealed set.  I think we all need to be careful with what listings are being used for automatic comparison, as well as any well meaning price policing call outs (no offense) that we are truly using apples to apples examples. Thanks.

• Like 1

I am running an ad again over on the Reddit /r LEGO section.  It would be great if buyers or sellers can go in there and pass some comments on their feelings of using Brick Classifieds and that it is a good place to look for deals or sell.  Could be good to help bring fresh eyes of buyers to the site.

Edited by Jeff Mack
  • Like 1

I had ignored my shop, but finally took to heart what you said here, and adjusted my prices.  I feel much better about it now.  I'm offering a lower price than I am on eBay, with the opportunity to make the same or more, because of the lack of commission fees.

But, I will tell you - it's frustrating to check eBay, and the come look at BC and find a product I'm looking for at the same, or at a higher price, than eBay.  I would love to buy from someone on BC, save a few dollars over eBay, while also putting a few more dollars in someone's pocket here.  Tough to do when the product costs more here.

• Like 2

Well that is the goal we are trying to get across and it will take time to do so.  That is also why we are telling people that you can find it cheaper elsewhere.  It is their sale to lose.  The big thing though is you as a seller also need to help educate people, especially outside of the Brickpicker world of the deals to be found on your shop and others.  If people repeatedly hear of good deals, good service, they will come....

Edited by Jeff Mack
  • Like 1

Nice jobs by Waddamon and Numbskulls.  Just had a nice group of sales.   Good prices would be hard to say no on those listings compared to other marketplaces.  

https://www.brickclassifieds.com/products/lego-star-wars-75021-republic-gunship-retired-free-shipping

https://www.brickclassifieds.com/products/lego-star-wars-75019-at-te-walker-nisb-with-mace-windu-and-more-retired

I have a 10225 UCS R2 for $415 CAD ($440 shipped). There have been a few in the high 4's and a couple at $507 CAD (not including shipping). Sadly expedited shipping to the US is $45, but I think it is a pretty decent price for Canada.  I put a Cargo Terminal and Vampyre Castle up each at $160 CAD, which I think is also a nice discount from recent NISB sold listings.

• Like 1

Very good deal on LEGO City Deep Sea Exploration Vessel 60095 - Factory Sealed Carton of 2

https://www.brickclassifieds.com/products/lego-city-deep-sea-exploration-vessel-60095-factory-sealed-carton-of-2

$190 for 2 / Free shipping  

These are selling for $105 EACH on Amazon

1445079932-1445079933988314071445079933.JPG

Received my two yesterday in excellent condition in a LEGO shipping box. Nice job.