Official Brick Classifieds Deal Thread

Jeff Mack

• 1 year later...

we'll agree to disagree but i don't feel it should've been called a bad listing and feel it was fairly priced as there was only 1 usa buy it now cheaper on ebay at $899 shipped. only 1. that could sell any day now on ebay and then I think it jumped closer to $950.  yes sellers let's all sell our ssd's at $765 and give them away to make the price police happy. please. Anyways, I pulled all my listings (in case anyone hasn't figured out, that was my SSD listing he singled out.) There's better protection as a seller on amazon and ebay than bc and inventory moves much quicker so I won't have to worry about my listings getting called out on here by people thinking they were unfair when they clearly weren't. All Jeff had to do was send me a pm and ask hey how about lowering it another 5% and I can advertise it on facebook and elsewhere and I very well may have considered it and that could've been a win win for both, but a different tactic was chosen.

Edited by legopocalypse

we'll agree to disagree but i don't feel it should've been called a bad listing and feel it was fairly priced as there was only 1 usa buy it now cheaper on ebay at $899 shipped. only 1. that could sell any day now on ebay and then I think it jumped closer to $950.  yes sellers let's all sell our ssd's at $765 and give them away to make the price police happy. please. Anyways, I pulled all my listings (in case anyone hasn't figured out, that was my SSD listing he singled out.) There's better protection as a seller on amazon and ebay than bc and inventory moves much quicker so I won't have to worry about my listings getting called out on here by people thinking they were unfair when they clearly weren't. All Jeff had to do was send me a pm and ask hey how about lowering it another 5% and I can advertise it on facebook and elsewhere and I very well may have considered it and that could've been a win win for both, but a different tactic was chosen.

It's business, not personal.  I can't speak for Jeff, but I didn't know whose listing it was, nor does it matter.  This is a constructive critique.  This is the type of conversation that needs to be displayed to all members so that all members see where we stand on this.  This is the backbone of the Brick Classifieds site.  If you want it to work, then prices have to be cheaper than the other marketplaces.  In the long run, we will all benefit if we are the lowest secondary marketplace.  If we get our house in order with prices, it will be a no brainer to advertise this fact on other sites.  

On a personal note and from a long time buyer of LEGO sets...$899 sells better than $900.  :money:

Anyways, I pulled all my listings (in case anyone hasn't figured out, that was my SSD listing he singled out.) There's better protection as a seller on amazon and ebay than bc and inventory moves much quicker so I won't have to worry about my listings getting called out on here by people thinking they were unfair when they clearly weren't.

LOL, I saw that one coming, pull the listings, tell them it's better elsewhere, etc, tell you guys "nah, nah nah :tongue:"  I will teach you and you won't get all my money from my sales!!!!!  (oops, no fees, but yeah, take that!!!)

Personally, saw nothing was wrong with the comments, they are trying to get people in order because there are a bunch of people that have posted eBay prices and haven't fixed them, not paying attention.  Overall I noticed a bunch a solid listings lately so it's getting better.  I am more of a buyer than seller and paying attention.  3-1 odds Jeff gets an email in the next 24hrs asking to delete his account on Brickpicker.  Like stated above, it's business.

I would never ask to have my account deleted. I'm a huge fan of the site. I still stand by my comments and feel it shouldn't have been singled out and called a bad listing which it wasn't. I felt it was priced fairly and was called out unfairly. Pulling my listings was not to "teach them anything" as you put it. If I want to sell something on BC for 15%-20% less than I can get on eBay /Amazon then I will relist. Yes it is business, and right now I feel I would net more and quicker selling on eBay/Amazon for $1000+ than I would selling here at $825-$835 which seems to be what they want. Hopefully we can now put this to rest.

Edited by legopocalypse

Getting back to posting deals on Brick Classifieds, 

https://www.brickclassifieds.com/products/lego-friends-andreas-stage-set-3932-new-in-sealed-box-nib

LEGO Friends Andreas Stage (retired product)  Only $14, Free Shipping within USA

-----------------------------------------------------

Same vendor also has LOTR Attack of the Wargs for $48 w/Free Shipping as well

https://www.brickclassifieds.com/products/lego-the-hobbit-attack-of-the-wargs-set-79002-new-in-sealed-box-nib

That set is listing $10-$15 higher on Amazon & eBay

Edited by Jeff Mack

Ebay fees are 10% of the sales price including shipping if you don't have a store. Not sure why anyone is suggesting a seller has to discount more than that since you still have to be paid via Paypal or similar so 3% fees for the payment method.

I think it's fair to suggest that a seller sell below the average going rate on eBay. I don't think there is really any reason to be selling lower than the lowest price the set is offered everywhere. There are other things to consider besides the lowest BIN price for example: seller feedback, condition, whether there are stock photos or real ones, etc etc.

My opinion is that there is a valid argument that by using some loss leaders, we can help the site gain exposure.  Personally, I think that is something that should be worked out with a few larger sellers behind the scenes.

• Like 1

TBH the major problem that i have from the beginning is that i cant add my sets in euros (€) i need be converting all my prices to dollars 1 set at the time....

That should not be the case, did you change your Shop Currency?  Once that is set, it should allow you to put the price in your currency and the site will do the rest for exchange rates.

bc_shopcurrency.thumb.jpg.557ec8c2b387b6

Edited by Jeff Mack

I think it's fair to suggest that a seller sell below the average going rate on eBay. I don't think there is really any reason to be selling lower than the lowest price the set is offered everywhere. There are other things to consider besides the lowest BIN price for example: seller feedback, condition, whether there are stock photos or real ones, etc etc.

In a new site like this that does not have the vast history of an eBay or even a BrickLink, you need to generate interest and sales.  Once people have dozens and hundreds or even thousands of transaction feedback, then more of that can be taken into consideration.  This is why we allow people to submit a request of badges that link to their other online marketplaces so that people can click and take them to those profiles (sadly I must have screwed something up and will get those hyperlinks working again asap)

As Ed stated before, low price will get buyers give the site and vendors a chance, that is all they have to go on here in the beginning.  Once the site is moving along, all sorts of different things can be done.

There are PayPal protections for buyers. My wife sells baby carriers in a FB group, all sales go through PayPal with an invoice, even if they are trading. If seller here isn't going the PayPal route, different story

Yes, there are PayPal protections for sites like ours and Bricklink and I'm sure they will help in many cases of fraud, but eBay will side with the buyer more often than not and their guarantees can't be matched by a site like ours. Buyers may have a built in prejudice to sites like ours unless the deal is too good to pass up because of years of dealing with sites like Amazon and eBay. Unfortunately, I also don't think PayPal will put a priority on non eBay transactions.

As a relative newcomer here I might input 2c regarding the pricing ideals....

BC and BP are affiliated entities obviously. Anyone new coming on here and setting up a brickfolio is going to be viewing that information as their guideline for pricing. It's not abundantly clear anywhere other than the comments in this thread, that the goal is to list things cheaper and net the same end-game profit as you do on ebay. The way I read 'no fees' is "sweet, I can list my stuff at the same going rates as on ebay, and make 10-15% more in pocket!". I'm pretty sure that's how any for-profit business would read it. 

So unless it's broadcasted to sellers transparently what the goal is, and that they should be listing 10% cheaper than the affiliated site's price guide suggests, things won't get rolling very quickly. 

Could I suggest writing some basic algo to include a "Suggested BC Price" column on brickfolio items based on the current ebay sales? This might help drive BC prices more in the range of what you'd envisioned without users having to stumble on the info in the forums... 

Edited by Zelgazra

BC and BP are affiliated entities obviously. Anyone new coming on here and setting up a brickfolio is going to be viewing that information as their guideline for pricing. It's not abundantly clear anywhere other than the comments in this thread, that the goal is to list things cheaper and net the same end-game profit as you do on ebay. The way I read 'no fees' is "sweet, I can list my stuff at the same going rates as on ebay, and make 10-15% more in pocket!". I'm pretty sure that's how any for-profit business would read it. 

So unless it's broadcasted to sellers transparently what the goal is, and that they should be listing 10% cheaper than the affiliated site's price guide suggests, things won't get rolling very quickly. 

Could I suggest writing some basic algo to include a "Suggested BC Price" column on brickfolio items based on the current ebay sales? This might help drive BC prices more in the range of what you'd envisioned without users having to stumble on the info in the forums... 

It has nada to do with the BP price guide.  Sell for a reasonable prices based on comparable marketplaces like EBay, Amazon, and Bricklink.  Without brokerage fees (besides PayPal transaction fees, shipping, etc.), you should consider looking at the comparable marketplaces and take into account their fee schedules.  I think that's pretty much it.  If you want to make yourself stand-out among the other sellers, discount below their prices or build-up your feedback however you see fit, with loss leaders or being a good 'ol price winner.

• Like 1

I think this may shine, as well, as a way to rebalance your portfolio. For instance, I sold through eBay my GotG Milano sets a few months ago for not much profit  as I was not that confident in them (a lot to do with the fact that I have little comic book knowledge, making me feel like I wasn't as informed as I should be). I rather would have sold them here with no vampiric eBay & Paypal fees and put that money against things that are better for my individual situation and given someone here a good deal...

Oh we can list things other than Lego?

Well I don't care to see power tools on here, but as you saw, someone posted Mega Bloks and Gift Cards, those are well within the topic of this type of site.  Out side of that, contact me.  Feel free to post boxes, books related to the topic, manuals, posters, special LEGO event give aways, basically it just needs to make sense for a site that is called "Brick Classifieds"

If things go right this week, I hope to have an update on the pricing page of the vendor area that will allow you to type in a product like 10188 and it will show you the relevant listng and pricing info for BC, eBay, Amazon, Brickowl and BrickLink.  As far as the BP price guide, I don't think that has much to do with it. Sure I can throw the current price along with the rest of these but the other information is what they are listing for on these other marketplaces now so that you can make a smart pricing decision.  Maybe I will throw in some possible pricing guesstimates as well to help guide you once fees are taken into account.  I think a large majority of the vendors on the site right now know what they are going for on these marketplaces.

I rather would have sold them here with no vampiric eBay & Paypal fees 

The paypal fees still exist, nothing I can do about that.  All items are purchased via paypal instantly, so the fees are taken out and you are paid on the spot.  There is no way I can offset that.

Edited by Jeff Mack

I know it's a big price tag, but there is a $500 Barnes and Noble gift card up for $450 (10% off)

https://www.brickclassifieds.com/products/100-bn-e-gc-for-86

Same seller (BP mod Bold-Arrow if you didn't know) as yesterday that sold all 5 or 6 gift cards pretty quickly.

so say I didn't know this was BA listing. How do I contact him thru BC, I am probably just missing the big contact seller button, to ask him how many codes make up the $450. I am on ipad if that matters. Also is their a send best offer of $410 F&F since I am cheap?  

so say I didn't know this was BA listing. How do I contact him thru BC, I am probably just missing the big contact seller button, to ask him how many codes make up the $450. I am on ipad if that matters. Also is their a send best offer of $410 F&F since I am cheap?  

If you are logged in you should see the two buttons to Make and Offer and Contact The Seller.   I think it's one card for $500, but I will let BA make the final answer on that.

bc_makeoffer_contact.thumb.jpg.dc9c4d755

Edited by Jeff Mack

In a new site like this that does not have the vast history of an eBay or even a BrickLink, you need to generate interest and sales.  Once people have dozens and hundreds or even thousands of transaction feedback, then more of that can be taken into consideration.  This is why we allow people to submit a request of badges that link to their other online marketplaces so that people can click and take them to those profiles (sadly I must have screwed something up and will get those hyperlinks working again asap)

As Ed stated before, low price will get buyers give the site and vendors a chance, that is all they have to go on here in the beginning.  Once the site is moving along, all sorts of different things can be done.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I was referring to the sellers on other sites. In other words, the lowest price on another site isn't necessarily apples to apples when taking into consideration other factors. Sold prices and trends should be considered more IMO.  And using SSD as an example, that trend is up.

If we are agreeing that selling here minus part or all of the selling fees from another site is appropriate, we are on the same page. People demanding something be sold even lower than that aren't making sense to me though.

• Like 1