Mixels 2016

TheOrcKing

I know mixels aren't exactly a lego "set", however these are performing very good in UK. Might be the first set after RE to reach 3x RRP.

In UK series 9 was only released at lego stores and online. Supposedly these were meant to be released outside of SAH but for some unknown reason the regular mixels sellers tesco / WHSMITH / argos etc did not receive the final series. Hence these are one of the few "rare" lego items released in 2016 that was available generally at SAH.

Complete sets were selling for 3x RRP, but have now dropped to about 2.5 x RRP.

These have been one of the few things I have been buying directly from lego recently, as they were one of the few things that were genuinely "Exclusive" to SAH.

What's the future of series 9? Well in UK, if other stockist don't get series 9 then these will reach 5x RRP easily by next year.

Yes mixels profit is not much compared to the big star wars UCS or modulars, but there easy to buy and are fast sellers.

I hope some of you caught on to the trend and bought some sets, I was lucky and found out early these would be rare so manage to pick up a good number. 

Nowadays you need to diversify, I would never have bought mixels before as dont watch the show or would build them, but once realised the potential I loaded up.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, micbelt said:

Anyone else notice that target has been putting out cases of series 6 at just about every store. I have seen this at no less than 7 stores and they have 4-5 boxes of just this series.

1 hour ago, Cozei said:

Couple weeks ago it was boxes of series 5.

Yep.  Both Series 5 and 6 have been in ample supply at all the Targets in SoCal that I've been to recently.

What are people doing with their Mixels.   I have around 500 left, mostly series 4 and 5's.  Buy in was around 60%. 

I can’t decide to move them all now or sit on them for a while.  They don’t take up much storage space and don’t need the capital for anything else, I just wonder if they will be forgotten about.  

19 minutes ago, feed said:

What are people doing with their Mixels.   I have around 500 left, mostly series 4 and 5's.  Buy in was around 60%. 

I can’t decide to move them all now or sit on them for a while.  They don’t take up much storage space and don’t need the capital for anything else, I just wonder if they will be forgotten about.  

Series 5 has been a real disappointment, barely going for above RRP, but with a good buy in you can still work out well and like you said they don't take up much room.

If u have sets ide list then on the selling avenue u do and let them ride. If they sell , great. If not, they will someday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, CrabslayerT said:

Waking up this thread for a quick question. I've come across a box of about 20 mixels, a mix of series 7 and 8, for £3 each. Anyone got an opinion? Can't see much profit in them at the moment

You want full sets only, unless you can definitely pick those up, I wouldn't bother.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CrabslayerT said:

Waking up this thread for a quick question. I've come across a box of about 20 mixels, a mix of series 7 and 8, for £3 each. Anyone got an opinion? Can't see much profit in them at the moment

The reason to buy in sets is because each Tribe (characters), for instance THE MCPD (series 7), combine to make one large MAX. As long as you can buy them in complete sets of 3 by Tribe you should be fine.

LEGO-Australia-Catalogue-January-to-May-

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:43 PM, feed said:

Disagree.  Sets of 3 sell just fine.  

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:51 PM, pstebbing said:

The reason to buy in sets is because each Tribe (characters), for instance THE MCPD (series 7), combine to make one large MAX. As long as you can buy them in complete sets of 3 by Tribe you should be fine.

You think £3 each is good enough for a buy-in?! I'm still to be convinced

• 5 months later...