40139 - Gingerbread House

capsa77

This includes those special pieces only avalaible from DO so since most people can't create this from their leftover pieces, I'd put this over the holiday train. Also, keep an eye out for Santa's visit. I believe that's the first set to have the special bricks in any other color than brown if Im not mistaken. 

• 2 weeks later...

That single set has cost me more than I otherwise buy in like a year at LEGO Shop at Home. And that with a price tag of $0. And I will have to keep one or have a sulking wife: no question what to choose there. Hopefully they make it stop soon, I cannot take any more. :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 10230 said:

That single set has cost me more than I otherwise buy in like a year at LEGO Shop at Home. And that with a price tag of $0. And I will have to keep one or have a sulking wife: no question what to choose there. Hopefully they make it stop soon, I cannot take any more. :)

Same here! Bought more Lego for this GBH promo than for the Christmas train promo. And the wife definitely wants to keep one for ourselves as well. 

And now that I bought the Doctor Who set with another GBH promo my Lego purchasing budget is fully depleted. :D 

On 12/1/2015, 12:08:46, 10230 said:

And I will have to keep one or have a sulking wife: no question what to choose there.

Fortunately LEGO sent me an extra one for free (their mixup in shipping) and it had a hole in the box so I let my wife open it yesterday.  I told her not to worry because if she ever wants to sell it the money will still be there for a used set.  Not sure if it will be as hot as this right now though.  

11 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

The GH is a great little set.  For those of you in the LEGO ban thread, five GHs were not the maximum allowed.  I got more than that.

I got 5 canceled on Black Friday, but I already got 5 during VIP weekend before that, and another couple on Cyber Monday.  I've gotten 10 in the mail so far (5 VIP weekend + 5 BF), and 14 at B&M.  Glad I went all out. Expecting 2 more for the CM orders, then I guess that's it.

11 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I expect there will be an influx of these early next week once Shop at Home gets caught up on Cyber Monday orders unless they run out while filling those orders.

There's an influx at FBA, with the Buy Box blipping to about $60 FBA every few minutes. My guess is that sellers haven't updated their FBA prices from the day they sent them in, so are selling them at days old pricing.

I think somehow the price of the Gingerbread House is tied to this little puppy and chaos

for what some described as a boring set with not much return value we could have passed on since it is now only 2 copies away from already being $195 in a matter of weeks

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00J4S9BEA

just imagine if they call a movie episode vii and release it and people really start to get star wars fever

GH for $250 AT AT for $250 !!!!

lol

• Like 4