40139 - Gingerbread House

capsa77

1 hour ago, HappyHawkeye said:

Sorry, of course I failed to meet several criteria for correctly showing off on this forum, like making more spelling and grammar mistakes than there are words in my post, using at least four or five "soon to be living on Wall Street"-like exaggerations and employing your mandatory "everybody should have at least 50" commonplace.

Edited by rfish
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

2 of 3 so far has been a bit beat up, but no pancakes.  Still had no trouble selling them with full disclosure.  Number 4 should be here soon with Sandcrawler.  Hope the prices hold for a little while longer.

Mine have come in all varied conditions, none pancaked.  I've had at least 2 where the box cutter sliced them open on the bottom when they opened the case.  Anyone who works with product should be required to go to box cutter training.

• Like 5

Recieved 2 sat  and 1 today.  Gave one to wife for desk display at work.  Leaves me with around 12 or so.  I'll probably give a few away to kids, and pack away the rest for trade bait next year. 

I built my wifes, it's a fun little build.  Takes more time than one expects by looking at the box.  Probably 20 minute range.

Edited by conceptmachine

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Mine have come in all varied conditions, none pancaked.  I've had at least 2 where the box cutter sliced them open on the bottom when they opened the case.  Anyone who works with product should be required to go to box cutter training.

They also need vision checked and reading comprehension tested, since boxes usually clearly state to not open with sharp objects

• Like 5

LOL of every set stashed in my closets this little puppy is the one that gets the "Pulp Fiction briefcase treatment" when I look at it, Because it cost me (free) dollars and I can sell it for (one zillion) dollars. I'm not good at math, but that's got to be like, 5000% ROR.

Maybe I didn't carry the zero.

briefcase.mp4

On an unrelated note, why is my wife trying to explain to me what a GIF is?  It's Christmas, I know I'm supposed to buy her presents.  What am I missing here? What's a GIF?

Edited by mfortunek

On 12/3/2015 at 10:28 AM, trekgate502 said:

I think somehow the price of the Gingerbread House is tied to this little puppy and chaos

for what some described as a boring set with not much return value we could have passed on since it is now only 2 copies away from already being $195 in a matter of weeks

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00J4S9BEA

just imagine if they call a movie episode vii and release it and people really start to get star wars fever

GH for $250 AT AT for $250 !!!!

lol

To prove your point, just sold 2 on the bay for $188 shipped each - 75054

SO SO glad i went deep on this set, and did not listen to nay-sayers. No doubt great information on this forum, but ALOT of speculation. 

I guess that is a good thing, everybody can take that information and use it for what they think it is worth.

:tommy:Just talking to myself over here.

Edited by jdmpartz

14 hours ago, No More Monkeys said:

They also need vision checked and reading comprehension tested, since boxes usually clearly state to not open with sharp objects

11 hours ago, exciter1 said:

You're on to something.  I'm not quite sure what it is, but you're on it, I can sense it.

youre asking for too much at their pay grade. if TRU were to hire skilled workers they would have to raise prices to 50% over MSRP which would in turn firebomb TRUTH/TRUST thread. cant have everything.

ahhhh, wrong thread, too many windows open! same concept. i hate it that SAH outsourced their packaging, there is definitely a huge difference since a little over a year ago. I bet Janice in accounting is in charge over there.

Edited by jerryherb

12 hours ago, jdmpartz said:

To prove your point, just sold 2 on the bay for $188 shipped each - 75054

SO SO glad i went deep on this set, and did not listen to nay-sayers. No doubt great information on this forum, but ALOT of speculation. 

I guess that is a good thing, everybody can take that information and use it for what they think it is worth.

:tommy:Just talking to myself over here.

The AT-AT was a not so "hidden gem" that turned into a "gem" because many people were focused on the "obvious gems."

I'm sure the AT-AT is doing what it's doing because the production run caught people by surprise.  Standard sets, especially popular ones, have been running closer to the 2 year mark and this one dried up in 15 months with none available on the Shop at Home website at a discount.

49 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I'm sure the AT-AT is doing what it's doing because the production run caught people by surprise.  Standard sets, especially popular ones, have been running closer to the 2 year mark and this one dried up in 15 months with none available on the Shop at Home website at a discount.

I think that this is correct.  I was figuring that At-At would retire based on the box art and started buying earlier in the year, but suspect that many were expecting at least another year to buy in.  This is one of the better risks that I took this year.