40139 - Gingerbread House

capsa77

22 minutes ago, Jackson said:

It was selling just fine around $155 shipped. Not sure why some sellers are so eager to take $45 less.

If you are flying in a hot air balloon and you know air is slowly leaking, either you land safely or you risk making your destination and possibly crashing. 110 for something that was literally worthless is not a bad day´s work for those that misses the earyl September gold rush.

3 hours ago, Val-E said:

I got a mighty 15 euros for mine back in 2015 so there is always someone more foolish.

My lowest sale for the 40139 was €20 back in 2015. But I did sell the 40138 Christmas train for even less than €15. Though that set now only reaches around €22 here so that's not a big loss. 

Sold my last 40139 for €65 (including the Gingerbread Man minifig to sweeten the deal). The current peaking rate for 40139 in The Netherlands is €55 but there are sets sold for less than €40 as well.

16 hours ago, Jackson said:

It was selling just fine around $155 shipped. Not sure why some sellers are so eager to take $45 less.

Might also be that, at least on eBay, there were ~20ish listings at the start of the month and then jumped to about ~60ish listings after the spike hit. Now prices are dropping and there are almost 90 listings. 

People might be eager to get some kind of profit than to get lost in the growing crowd.

8 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

Might also be that, at least on eBay, there were ~20ish listings at the start of the month and then jumped to about ~60ish listings after the spike hit. Now prices are dropping and there are almost 90 listings. 

People might be eager to get some kind of profit than to get lost in the growing crowd.

Back up to 140 USD on Amazon. At least what happened has made people show their hands and there is still plenty of stock out there.

Edited by Val-E

Guest TabbyBoy

LOL - I give all my promo sets and polybags away to "nice" customers. I always have and it's led to lots of fee-free repeat business. Of course, I still have my stash of Gingerbread Houses and Snow Globes ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

I forgot about mine, I need to dig them out from that dark corner in the attic if I can remember which dark corner it is! I think I have about 5 or so. I may list one on my remaining private eBay account and see what it fetches with a 1p start ;-)

• 7 months later...