Ideas #001: 21100 - Shinkai 6500 Submarine

IrishGuy66

I was looking at Cuusoo products and saw this really neat looking set, and its really high price. I have a few questions about it, and am looking foward to any input, or overview of this set.

1st question: Was this set ever released in America?

2nd question: Is there anywhere that has this set reasonably priced?

3rd question: Is this set even worth buying?

The photo I put on here is the one I think that shows the most detail. I love the deep sea base.

I was looking at Cuusoo products and saw this really neat looking set, and its really high price. I have a few questions about it, and am looking foward to any input, or overview of this set.

1st question: Was this set ever released in America? No

2nd question: Is there anywhere that has this set reasonably priced? No

3rd question: Is this set even worth buying? Yes

Well I didn't think it was ever released in America, seeing that the box was covered in Chinese writing, but you never know. The only thing keeping me from buying this set is the price. Too bad it isn't $50 like the Hayabusa, actually considering about buying that one. Thanks for the input.

Well I didn't think it was ever released in America, seeing that the box was covered in Chinese writing, but you never know. The only thing keeping me from buying this set is the price. Too bad it isn't $50 like the Hayabusa, actually considering about buying that one. Thanks for the input.Love the set. It's like a UCS set. Vey cool.

Well I didn't think it was ever released in America, seeing that the box was covered in Chinese writing, but you never know. The only thing keeping me from buying this set is the price. Too bad it isn't $50 like the Hayabusa, actually considering about buying that one. Thanks for the input.Love the set. It's like a UCS set. Vey cool. You have it!!..... nice. How big is it?

I have the set. It was released on Feb 17, 2011 in Japan. It never came to the States. It was the first Cuusoo set to come out. Would be a gamble if you bought it at its current price but if Cuusoo keeps gaining popularity it would have value being the first Cuusoo set and being a Japanese only set.

That sounds logical, but I don't have that kind of money for Legos at the moment. Should've bought this when it first came out! It's like the Rogue Shadow for me all over again!!!

• 7 months later...

Random thought, but if you were in Japan right now, does anyone think its still available at retail?

Even if it's not retail, it would probably be cheaper to buy and ship from Japan than to pay the outrageous US ebay price. I have my eye on it, too, but from a builder's perspective it's just too much money for too few bricks. From a collector's perspective there are still Falcons and Grand Carousels and Giant Chess sets I need first.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...