Ideas #011: 21304 - Doctor Who

TheOrcKing

Doctor Who  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Were you familiar with The Doctor before the set?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Who?

34 minutes ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

The last sub-£50 sets on Amazon UK seem to have gone. Now listed at £5-£10 over RRP.

Dutch RRP for this set was €64,99. And they're still being offered on Marktplaats below RRP (several offers between €55 and €60). 

WALL-E on the other hand (Dutch RRP of €49,99) is now moving towards €80 cash on average for NISB.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, legochris said:

You can still get 21304 for less than £40 on eBay if you're patient. Going to take a very long time to realise any investment on this one.

Going rate at £40 - £45 on eBay with those volumes in June, 6 months after retirement and 50% discounts is very promising.  

It'll be a while, but not a long time.  Most people should be sitting on £25/£30 buy ins.   

Guest TabbyBoy

The good thing is that this set doesn't take up a lot of space and is easy money even now with a £22 average buy-in. I think this will do well a couple of years from now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

There are several sets cheaper in the meantime on BrickLink than on Ebay - this was never the case before...

What? Bricklink is normally the cheapest place for sets - logical as there is less fruitcake traffic and commissions are lowest.

I don´t think it´s a good example being such a high price and rare set you will get more scammers selling "cheap" on ebay not to mention fakes.

For normal retired sets usually the selling price order is local CL / brickowl / bricklink / ebay / amazon / amazon fba and finally catawiki where everyone is a billionaire.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
5 hours ago, Legojona said:

This is slightly below RRP, while it was available for much less most of the time. Only one more in stock, so probably gone by the end of the day. 

I'm OK with that as I only paid £22 for mine ;-) It's all about arbitrage these days.

Edited by TabbyBoy
I really hate the laggy iPad keyboard after latest update.

According to eBay sold prices, selling all Minifigs separately, and then auctioning the Tardis and console room together in a lot of their own is currently good for £50-£60.

The set price has stagnated a little more than I’d like, but hopefully Jodie Whittaker is going to give this one a shot in the arm.

Anyone identified parts to make a serviceable representation of her hair and costume?