Ideas #011: 21304 - Doctor Who

TheOrcKing

Doctor Who  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Were you familiar with The Doctor before the set?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Who?

Is this the first view of the upcoming TARDIS? http://imgur.com/a/Mozxi?gallery#38 http://imgur.com/a/Mozxi?gallery#42 If it is, I think it is a little sparse on the detailing, I almost expect a sticker for the door. If not, I wonder why they went with a MOC instead.

I wondered that myself when I took the photo. They may have gone MOC to hide whatever it is that's forthcoming.

Is this the first view of the upcoming TARDIS? http://imgur.com/a/Mozxi?gallery#38 http://imgur.com/a/Mozxi?gallery#42 If it is, I think it is a little sparse on the detailing, I almost expect a sticker for the door. If not, I wonder why they went with a MOC instead.

That does not appear to be a finalized design for certain and going a little on what Alpinemaps just mentioned, more than likely LEGO used a MOC to keep the real deal under wraps for now until the proper unveiling.

Did I miss a reveal? I thought that the Doctor Who set would be released in the fall. I also sort of thought that there would be something about the final set at SDCC. Am I wrong about the release?

No. It was the Lego dimensions level pack. The Ideas set hasn't been shown yet...dam I want this set so bad!

• Like 1

New season of Doctor Who starts September 19.  I'm wondering if they're going to reveal closer to the premiere to capitalize a little bit on that.

I need to know before the Dimensions packs come out.  I really want an army of Daleks and Cybermen, and dont want to buy Dimensions packs to do it.

• Like 1

New season of Doctor Who starts September 19.  I'm wondering if they're going to reveal closer to the premiere to capitalize a little bit on that.

I need to know before the Dimensions packs come out.  I really want an army of Daleks and Cybermen, and dont want to buy Dimensions packs to do it.

You'd rather buy a bunch of $60-$70 sets to get them? I think the DImensions sets will hurt the long term value of the Ideas set, unless the minifigures are notably different.

You'd rather buy a bunch of $60-$70 sets to get them? I think the DImensions sets will hurt the long term value of the Ideas set, unless the minifigures are notably different.

I'm running under the assumption that we're getting an entire line of Doctor Who sets, not just the Ideas set.

I'm running under the assumption that we're getting an entire line of Doctor Who sets, not just the Ideas set.

I've been assuming that down the road a little bit, a year or two, it will be a thing as long as the Ideas set and Dimensions sets sell a certain amount. I'd love different Tardis control rooms and a Dalek Emperor. I kind of wonder what else you can do with sets.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

At least that confirms the price stated around the start of the rumors for the set. However we all know well Toys R Us' idea of 'retail' pricing therefore it may potentially cost less but then again $60 seems reasonable for the Tardis, the Doctor(s), his companions, and whoever or whatever else might be included. LEGO did a grand job on the Ecto-1, Big Bang Theory, and arguably for the most part Back To The Future's Delorean.

• Like 1

At least that confirms the price stated around the start of the rumors for the set. However we all know well Toys R Us' idea of 'retail' pricing therefore it may potentially cost less but then again $60 seems reasonable for the Tardis, the Doctor(s), his companions, and whoever or whatever else might be included. LEGO did a grand job on the Ecto-1, Big Bang Theory, and arguably for the most part Back To The Future's Delorean.

It seems like TRU puts out new stuff sometimes at retail before bumping it up a little later. I am assuming that this set will have Capaldi Doctor, Clara, Cyberman, and Dalek. I can see myself QFLL this set.