Ideas #011: 21304 - Doctor Who

TheOrcKing

Doctor Who  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Were you familiar with The Doctor before the set?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Who?

Please correct me if I am wrong here. Dr Who television show was not on the air one single day of this sets shelf life.  Also there is a Dr Who Christmas Special about the good doctor saving NY from aliens called: The Return of Doctor Mysterio  it will be in select theaters Tues. 27 and Thursday the 29th.. then the new season drops this spring correct?? 

You are correct. There's been nothing to really push the merchandise of this show since his set came out. The only thing remotely close is a 2nd animated story from 1966 that hasn't been released to Blu Ray yet, and hasn't been seen in nearly 50 years.

There was last year's Christmas Special along with this year's. By that's it. Nothing to keep Who in the front of people's minds.

I believe you'll see an uptick once people are watching this on a weekly basis again.
  • Like 1

I get the dislike on this set and I am a Who fan and I built one last Xmas and think its a great little set I am also a Brit who lives in Florida so I see both sides of the coin. I have 30 of them I bought in the UK converted at $23 a set so I wont be loosing but its going to be a longer term hold for good profits. But I also think if you pick up the Cyberman fun pack and the level pack for the full Dr Who set then it could sell even better...thats my plan anyway. Just waiting for the level pack to drop in price a bit.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, KShine said:

This set will not fail.

When I last looked on 26th June 2018, it was doing very well often selling for £99.99 plus P&P.

17 hours ago, outatime said:

I get the dislike on this set and I am a Who fan and I built one last Xmas and think its a great little set I am also a Brit who lives in Florida so I see both sides of the coin. I have 30 of them I bought in the UK converted at $23 a set so I wont be loosing but its going to be a longer term hold for good profits. But I also think if you pick up the Cyberman fun pack and the level pack for the full Dr Who set then it could sell even better...thats my plan anyway. Just waiting for the level pack to drop in price a bit.

Combining Dimensions with Ideas is an interesting plan.  You can do it with Ecto-1 as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just thrown a HotUKDeals listing for this at the Asda George price of £32.97 - they seem to be the only mainstream place still offering a decent discount.

About time the horde got this cleaned out so we can see how inaccurate or otherwise these turd predictions are.

Hopefully it'll get on to the Hot section so there'll be more visibility. Feel free to help it along if you feel so inclined.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lego-ideas-doctor-21304-32-97-asda-george-2591033