Ideas #011: 21304 - Doctor Who

TheOrcKing

Doctor Who  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Were you familiar with The Doctor before the set?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Who?

On 1/1/2017 at 5:12 PM, wotguvnotmeguv said:

I've just thrown a HotUKDeals listing for this at the Asda George price of £32.97 - they seem to be the only mainstream place still offering a decent discount.

About time the horde got this cleaned out so we can see how inaccurate or otherwise these turd predictions are.

Hopefully it'll get on to the Hot section so there'll be more visibility. Feel free to help it along if you feel so inclined.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lego-ideas-doctor-21304-32-97-asda-george-2591033

yes did comment in that post aka  malm,horde certainly took the bait,would have posted myself but was secretly hoping Asda would drop the price quick buy in followed by over the top post on HUKD to clear out the rest.

But must admit did not look as if a price drop was ever going to come,glad you pulled the trigger.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! I'm already selling these locally for £40 each cash, £18 each profit! Once it's officially EOL, I think we'll need to wait another year on eBay for the QFLLs to offload as I want to list for £60+ no less!

What did I tell ya?

Totally. Favorite set in my short selling career. I parted out around 40 of these. Even at RRP this is a profitable set to split. Demand has been consistently strong. Even when these were on sale, I was selling built Tardis exteriors for a pretty penny. If this set had numbered bags, it would have been the greatest set of all time for the set splitting crowd. This set will do fantastic after EOL.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, NIevo said:

Not seeing many of these out there anymore.  What would still be a safe entry point for a person?

You mean buy-in? If so, >40% off RRP if you can find it. Buying at RRP won't cover fees/packing/postage/tax.

This set has all the hallmarks of a turd. Retiring soon tag not doing the job, permanently discounted in the UK, high buying limit and only Ideas set to be reduced at SAH.

If it does well after EOL, then there is hope for all of us and I´ll be all in on Nexo and Elves.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

This set has all the hallmarks of a turd. Retiring soon tag not doing the job, permanently discounted in the UK, high buying limit and only Ideas set to be reduced at SAH.

If it does well after EOL, then there is hope for all of us and I´ll be all in on Nexo and Elves.

Turd alert! Turd alert! 

Edited by Furious_george
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

Yep. Buying at a mega discount most can't get then flogging them off at retail , a winner does not make.

I don´t agree, if it made money then that´s as good a strategy as any and probably the best you can do with this set. Many Exo owners would have liked to have been able to get out that way.

Basing post EOL performance on RRP, this set probably won´t be a winner, in that I agree.

• Like 1

This is now reduced on SAH UK to £35. This is my first initial concern for this set, I appreciate it's pretty much been £35 at every other retailer, but now SAH have to reduce it to off load remaining stock, and with a 'retiring soon' tag alarm bells are ringing. If this doesn't sell out relatively quick this will be Exo suit part deux.

51 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

This is now reduced on SAH UK to £35. This is my first initial concern for this set, I appreciate it's pretty much been £35 at every other retailer, but now SAH have to reduce it to off load remaining stock, and with a 'retiring soon' tag alarm bells are ringing. If this doesn't sell out relatively quick this will be Exo suit part deux.

Have posted price on HUKD usually does the trick give it a week it will be gone.

• Like 1

Really can't see this failing in the UK. Literally every one of 60 million people knows Doctor Who and merchandise and memorabilia is very popular and collectible. It's just not necessarily the same people who go on SAH. Give it a year or two and Dr Who back on telly and this will skyrocket. 

• Like 3