Ideas #011: 21304 - Doctor Who

TheOrcKing

Doctor Who  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Were you familiar with The Doctor before the set?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Who?

The search is on for the 13th Doctor since Peter Capaldi just announced that he'll be calling it a day later this year. Whether this news clears out the remaining sets at Tesco and instore at John Lewis (seal code 51S6) remains to be seen. I still have a lot of faith in this set.

Oy, spoilers sweetie. Luckily I had read the news already.
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
4 hours ago, thebrickdad said:

Nah. We're talking about Reading in Jamaica... Lego capital of the world don't you know :-))

They already have one, here's their mascot at the Grand Opening:

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 12.39.00.png

Guest TabbyBoy
14 hours ago, Val-E said:

Those are pretty late codes. Seems they have been pumpng them out till the last moment in 2016.

It could just be resealed returns... hopefully!

• 1 month later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Sorry for the bump. but 21304 has just broken RRP on Amazon UK. Still not officially retired on LEGO UK so could be outstanding backorders? BTW... The one with the recent tag I saw had 32O6 at the other end... phew!

Guest TabbyBoy
46 minutes ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

It would be weird for this to retire before the next series - the last with Capaldi - starts airing on 15 April.

Is it cynical to expect it to come back in stock at UK SAH to coincide with the show airing? Is there any precedent for this?

Since it's not tagged as Retired Product, there's no reason why it can't be restocked for the next series. The Entertainer still has it available and John Lewis (Reading) had a couple on the shelf last week. A little more patience is required with this set.

2 hours ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

It would be weird for this to retire before the next series - the last with Capaldi - starts airing on 15 April.

Is it cynical to expect it to come back in stock at UK SAH to coincide with the show airing? Is there any precedent for this?

It was marked retiring soon and discounted to 50% off. TLG only do that if they want rid of a set, they are not a charity.

That a remade version could see the light of day sometime is possible, but this one is done.

Guest TabbyBoy

The last seal code I saw was 42S6, any advances on that? Seriously, I still think that this set will do very well. Val-E is probably right, we'll know more by Summer and will hopefully see the "tag" towards Xmas.

Until the 3 month returns window has closed from when it was still at less than 50% off, there is still a good chance it will come back to SAH. Same for Ecto 1.

By now, retailer returns should have been received and dealt with but you never know so keep F5ing!

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

The last seal code I saw was 42S6, any advances on that? Seriously, I still think that this set will do very well. Val-E is probably right, we'll know more by Summer and will hopefully see the "tag" towards Xmas.

I'll check my stash, though I'm not sure I bought any after that date.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...