10253 - Big Ben

Alpinemaps

23 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Someone over on Eurobricks pointed to the site Pricevortex, which is showing a new Creator set for 2016 - 10253 Big Ben.  No other details given.

Let the speculation begin.

I, for one, think a landmark sized Big Ben would look pretty cool.

Tower Bridge scale!?!?!  That would be sweeeeet...and huuuuge.

6 minutes ago, Crustybeaver said:

If true it raises two questions:

Will an existing landmark make way for it and if so which one?

Considering Tower Bridge got the cube expert logo box refresh and SOH did not, I am putting my chips on SOH will make way. Plus, I doubt SOH is a hot seller at this moment.

The sculptures/landmarks are some of my favorites to build and display. I wish they would release these yearly, instead of every 2-3+ years. There's only what, 5 large sets like this so far: Statue of Liberty-2000, Eiffel Tower- 2007, Taj Mahal- 2008, Tower Bridge-2010, & Sydney Opera House-2013, with Big Ben-2016, being the possible 6th set.

Edited by legopocalypse

10 minutes ago, legopocalypse said:

The sculptures/landmarks are some of my favorites to build and display. I wish they would release these yearly, instead of every 2-3+ years. There's only what, 5 large sets like this so far: Statue of Liberty-2000, Eiffel Tower- 2007, Taj Mahal- 2008, Tower Bridge-2010, & Sydney Opera House-2013, with Big Ben-2016, being the possible 6th set.

Judging by your avatar, I assume you'd MOC a basement scene for this....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crustybeaver said:

If true it raises two questions:

Will an existing landmark make way for it and if so which one?

The Death Star!

20 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Will the "Fat Lady" sing for one of the large Creator sets when Big Ben arrives?  

Or maybe she will waltz?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kevink24 said:

Oh, please have a space for a battery pack at the base and a functioning time clock...that way I can totally justify displaying this in the living room...I can see many of us justifying it now, "but honey, its not a toy, its a clock"!

This should work, considering that decorative clocks do cost quite a bit of money too. You can also incorporate the ideas birds into the clock and make it into a cuckoo bird clock, double the appeal to women.

This is exciting news for me.  I myself love these big landmark sets.  I hope though, that it's a huge set, not just because I like big piece sets, but because I think in order to do this set justice it needs to be highly detailed.  So if it's just a clock, I hope we are looking at like a nice 2-3 foot tall clock that is undeniably Big Ben if they only focus on the clock.  If they add on the rest of the building, hopefully it can be scaled enough to still be able to instantly recognize it.  I'll stay optimistic that's for sure on this.  They've done extremely well on all the other landmark sets, so I doubt this will screw this one up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...