10253 - Big Ben

Alpinemaps

Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, outatime said:

What's going on with this set? No talk here at all.  In Europe its still available with no retiring tag but over here in the US its pretty hard to find, Legoland, Legostore and online its scarce apart from popping in and out at Target , I would have thought it would be the set to replace the aging Tower Bridge set but it seems like its going early maybe?    I missed out on the Walmart discounts and have a few at RRP just to be safe.  

There's surprisingly very little interest in this set which means that it'll be a total turkey once retired and one to avoid. I have one to build, but will not be investing in any. If the Sydney Opera House is anything to go by, this will tank - big time! The Tower Bridge too as everybody who want's one has had nearly 9 years to buy one... at a big discount.

16 minutes ago, outatime said:

What's going on with this set? No talk here at all.  In Europe its still available with no retiring tag but over here in the US its pretty hard to find, Legoland, Legostore and online its scarce apart from popping in and out at Target , I would have thought it would be the set to replace the aging Tower Bridge set but it seems like its going early maybe?    I missed out on the Walmart discounts and have a few at RRP just to be safe.  

Its a brutally  repetitive build with a lot of 1x1 pieces that must be aligned properly to get the amazing look of the finished product.  I am not sure if there are enough people with OCD that are interested in this set to build it so probably not much future price action.