10253 - Big Ben

Alpinemaps

1 hour ago, charger465 said:

Anyone think this has quick flip potential on eBay? Or would eBay's fees and shipping costs basically eat away at any profit? I'm a long term holder but don't have the dough right now to long-term this one. Just curious what you experts think.

You don't need $ right now, you have a year or two...or three or four...or more...

Edited by Lordoflego

From what I've seen over the last year, and if the Porsche is any indication, Exclusives purchased before the masses have access (ironic, I know, cause anyone can sign up for VIP, but they don't) do have a very small window to make a little profit in. If you have access to a Lego store and can manage to be one of the first listings, you might get some action. It's a bit riskier than your standard lego investing though, given the price tag. The big question is "Is the hype big enough for this set?" [to drive higher than RRP prices in the first few days]. Weigh the risks and decide for yourself! 

Thanks for the input. I do have access to a Lego store, two in fact but I can't afford to sit on one right now if it doesn't sell right away. I think I'll sit this one out. Besides, knowing Lego, they'll probably do the opposite with this set than what they did with the Porsche in terms of store availability, lol. Still waiting for my Porsche to ship, when in fact I could have just went and bought one.

12 hours ago, thebrickdad said:

So, its past midnight in the UK, Lego SaH shows BB as being available on the 15th, I'm logged in as VIP but there is a distinct lack of a buy button.

Lego scores once again.

Off to bed.....

Same here in the US.  Front page says it is available but the actual page is missing the buy button.  I even tried logging out and back in

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Big-Ben-10253

just bought one in Wijnegem shopping center Antwerp Lego store.

There was a small run on the set and the Porsche's, i've got mine.

the shop has 50 sets off the Big Ben, and the Porsche's are no longer on the shelve.

Big Ben, very large impressive set. there was one in the shop on display and it has a sticker on it "only available for VIP members"

18 minutes ago, thebrickdad said:

Just got the two I wanted from Bluewater, along with two Fountains. There was a small rush (20 or so sold) and they have lots more in stock.

Looks really impressive in real life..

Excellent was going to just get it online but will pop down to bluewater this afternoon now :D

Just called LEGO Customer Service (US) and the issue with VIP members not being able to order Big Ben (10253) is a system issue and even prevents phone-orders. The suggestion was to wait an hour or so and refresh the page, as the tech team is working hard to get this up-and-running... until then, the only option for US-members is in-store purchases.

image.tiff

37 minutes ago, kris_1973 said:

Just called LEGO Customer Service (US) and the issue with VIP members not being able to order Big Ben (10253) is a system issue and even prevents phone-orders. The suggestion was to wait an hour or so and refresh the page, as the tech team is working hard to get this up-and-running... until then, the only option for US-members is in-store purchases.

image.tiff

Fixed - on-line orders now available in the US.