10253 - Big Ben

Alpinemaps

29 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

If that's the Big Ben, then I am very disappointed.

Rumors are that it will be a $200 set. Don't remember the source tho because read it weeks ago, so take it with a grain of salt.

But the structure we see in the video would fit that price range. Maybe after the slow seller SOH they are aiming at a different price range? I would not be surprised honestly. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rumors at the forum eurobricks.com speculate about a price of around 300 $ , the listing of 10253 at the brickshop.nl website says that the exact price is not known at the Moment.

I hope the Set will fit to the TB with nearly the Same amount of pieces or more and a price per brick which is very much less than 0,10 €, something like 0,05 € per brick would be very nice. That would be 220-250 € if the Set will have around 4500 pieces. We will see.

1 hour ago, 187Flosse said:

Rumors at the forum eurobricks.com speculate about a price of around 300 $ , the listing of 10253 at the brickshop.nl website says that the exact price is not known at the Moment.

I hope the Set will fit to the TB with nearly the Same amount of pieces or more and a price per brick which is very much less than 0,10 €, something like 0,05 € per brick would be very nice. That would be 220-250 € if the Set will have around 4500 pieces. We will see.

SOH has less, but larger bricks. Weighs 25% more than TB with 25% less pieces.

Anyway, why would LEGO make a $300 set out of this?

Big_Ben_-_geograph.org.uk_-_40182.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I can't wait to learn more about this new Big Ben set 10253,  

I hope some more details will leak out soon, its been 5 months since the first news of this and nothing more yet

If it's really September, it's still gonna be a bit. Probably another month or so, at least...

At Baselworld (watch show in Schwitzerland) a brick model of Big Ben was on display. Probably just a MOC, and a very well made one at that, but a strange coincidence nonetheless. It appears in the video below from around 6:00 and on and off for about twenty seconds. 

Skærmbillede 2016-04-11 kl. 07.59.15.png

Edited by jaisonline
Approved this post. I gotta attend Baselworld one of these days. Yes, it's a Lego MOC
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rcdb1984 said:

looks pretty nice, a little simple. I was hoping the rest or part of the connecting buildling was going to be included. I'll be getting it though 

The scale would be really off then. Elizabeth Tower is only a smallish part of the whole complex.

Yeah.  I think to do the whole Palace of Westminster you'd be looking at a smaller scale Architecture set. Personally I think that's where things will start heading for famous buildings after this next creator release.  

A large piece count flagship architecture set like the new Capitol Hill that is impressive but at a size that is probably still not too intrusive for display, is probably more attractive for fans of Buildings than the huge creator sets and at least they also fall into a theme then rather than being stand alones every few years. 

• 2 weeks later...