10253 - Big Ben

Alpinemaps

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

What is the image under the expert logo? Is it a real clock? 

based on them showing the turning crank, im guessing the clock does move.  Though it might just be the bell?  that would be a miss since you cant really see the bell with out taking the roof off.

there has to be a way to make this a real working clock...

Edited by jay4e
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, jay4e said:

based on them showing the turning crank, im guessing the clock does move.  Though it might just be the bell?  that would be a miss since you cant really see the bell with out taking the roof off.

Should be able to do it with a mindstorms brick and a motor. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jay4e said:

It looks like a bell, and there appears to be a mechanism to make either the clock turn or the bell "ring", judging from the bottom right photo on the back of the box.

44 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

This is really nice.  Lego did a great job here.  I can't help but think, though, that this will be an amazingly repetitive build.  Kind of like building Eiffel Tower or Tower Bridge.  For as bad as Skirmish on Hoth is, they did really well here.  A definite buy.

If it wasn't repetitive, we'd all complain it didn't look like the source material. :)

This is a nice looking set. I like the different footprint they gave it. I can see MOC'ers building the other half.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Migration said:

Should be able to do it with a mindstorms brick and a motor. 

Really?  I want to see how this is possible to have this keep time.  That would be amazing.

1 minute ago, gregpj said:

If it wasn't repetitive, we'd all complain it didn't look like the source material. :)

This is a nice looking set. I like the different footprint they gave it. I can see MOC'ers building the other half.

Darn right we would!  You are right though, no way to get around being repetitive given the building.