10253 - Big Ben

Alpinemaps

4 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Maybe people should just read properly before buying something expensive. I cannot see a dirtbag here, only a lot of potential douchebags.

While I won't turn this into an ethics debate in the BB thread, people should read but they don't and sellers like this are taking advantage of people. For someone so against capitalism I would have expected you to be against deceitful marketing and advertising to get a few cheap sales but I guess not.

3 minutes ago, gregpj said:

While I won't turn this into an ethics debate in the BB thread, people should read but they don't and sellers like this are taking advantage of people. For someone so against capitalism I would have expected you to be against deceitful marketing and advertising to get a few cheap sales but I guess not.

I'm not against capitalism, I'm against excessive consumption. Anyone fit enough to own a credit card shoule be able to read properly. For people who are letting others take advantage of them it's always more comfortable making themselves out to be victims instead of calling their mistake by name: Silly.

Just now, Frank Brickowski said:

I'm not against capitalism, I'm against excessive consumption. Anyone fit enough to own a credit card shoule be able to read properly. For people who are letting others take advantage of them it's always more comfortable making themselves out to be victims instead of calling their mistake by name: Silly.

Hah! That doesn't happen. Anyways, I agree that fools and their money are soon parted and now back to BB.

What a great set.... my only gripe is that it IS so freaking big. I might have to adjust some shelving to accommodate it's height!! Wow, it's massive!!

6 hours ago, Sharkfin182 said:

Ok, so I just have to say I was correct Yesterday when I said this was gonna be $249. Nobody believed me! I know, Brickset was showing $349, but they were wrong. Just pointing out that I was right on this one, even if nobody cares! ;)

you were right....no one cares ;)

I don't normally build the landmark sets, but this one will be the exception. 

Off topic, but I feel so old looking at how much Jamie Berard has aged.  The other day I was looking at the SC (Sopwith Camel for the new guys) designer video and he looks so young.

Ok, so I just have to say I was correct Yesterday when I said this was gonna be $249. Nobody believed me! I know, Brickset was showing $349, but they were wrong. Just pointing out that I was right on this one, even if nobody cares!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

you were right....no one cares ;)

I don't normally build the landmark sets, but this one will be the exception. 

Off topic, but I feel so old looking at how much Jamie Berard has aged.  The other day I was looking at the SC (Sopwith Camel for the new guys) designer video and he looks so young.

Maybe he went hard in Chima investing and had some sleepless nights. Think he was sick that day too - sounded rough.

more info via The Brick Fan

LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253

LEGO has officially announced the next direct-to-consumer set with the next landmark-type set with the LEGO Creator Big Ben (10253). Some of you may already saw this leaked out yesterday ahead of the embargo which was very disappointing for those who decided to follow the rules.

Anyways, Big Ben consists of 4,163 pieces and will retail for $249.99 which is a heck of a deal considering how many pieces it has compared to the price. Big Ben will become the 5th largest set that LEGO has produced and the second set this year to make that list with the Ghostbusters Firehouse (75827) being released earlier this year. It is on scale with the Tower Bridge (10214) so if you have that set, you can display it next to each other.

LEGO VIPs will have early access to the set starting on June 15 and to the general public on July 1. Check out the press release and more high-quality images below.

10253 Big Ben
Ages 16+. 4,163 pieces.
US $249.99 – CA $299.99 – DE 219.99€ – UK £169.99 – DK 1999.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Build the world’s best-known clock tower!

Get up close to Big Ben! The clock was first started on May 31st 1859, and Big Ben’s first chime rang from the 96-meter Elizabeth Tower on July 11th of the same year. This over 23” (60cm) high LEGO® interpretation of the iconic structure is a tribute to its engineering and architecture. It features a detailed facade with statues, shields and windows, and a clock tower with 4 adjustable clock dials and a removable roof allowing access to the belfry, plus buildable exterior elements including a sidewalk, lawn and a tree depicting the building’s location. This model makes a great display piece for the home or office.
• Big Ben features a detailed section of the Westminster Palace and the adjoining Elizabeth Tower, 4 detailed clock dials with movable hour and minutes hands, and a sidewalk, tree and grass area depicting the building’s location.
• Remove the top of the tower to access the Big Ben bell.
• Put your LEGO® building skills to the test!
• Special elements include 4 printed clock faces.
• Rare elements include ski poles, flowers and corner plates in molded gold color, and tinted-translucent elements.
• This set includes over 4,000 LEGO® pieces.
• This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 16+.
• Big Ben measures over 23” (60cm) high, 17” (44cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.

LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253 LEGO Creator Big Ben 10253

• Like 4