How the QFLL crushed my Lego dreams

Poly 30286

Here's my question, someone who buys a bunch of stuff now to resell immediately, or someone who does it to throw in a hole not to see the light of day for years, what's the huge difference that makes one more acceptable to you than the other? Is it that the serious long term people don't really go for Christmas tree polybags?

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Easy solution: time machine

Oh crap! I knew I should have held on to that Delorean... Can I get a "Great Scott!"?

To everyone else, you're right. I have oft bought $200+ on a whim, but couldn't pony up $4 for a little tree? I know I make no sense, but logic and Legos are rarely involved in the same thought.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, ebelle122 said:

Oh crap! I knew I should have held on to that Delorean... Can I get a "Great Scott!"?

To everyone else, you're right. I have oft bought $200+ on a whim, but couldn't pony up $4 for a little tree? I know I make no sense, but logic and Legos are rarely involved in the same thought.

I'm still gobsmacked at how such a hideously inaccurate montrosity of a set could've done so well. I still sold mine for double last year and I'm happy that I didn't suffer nightmares by keeping them for longer. If any set deserves a sleeper award, it's this one.

23 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Here's my question, someone who buys a bunch of stuff now to resell immediately, or someone who does it to throw in a hole not to see the light of day for years, what's the huge difference that makes one more acceptable to you than the other? Is it that the serious long term people don't really go for Christmas tree polybags?

I just bought 12 to throw in a dark hole.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Maybe either way is lousy for end users. If the shelf is empty, I guess it does not matter who bought them. I don't know why long term investors "seem" more respectable than flippers. Either way, I am empty handed.

Edited by ebelle122
stupid autocorrect

to try and weigh someone cleaning out shelves of jw leaving one or many

cleaning out shelves of poly leaving one or many

buying the forthcoming ucs both base if you buy one of two on the shelf to build as a family or you buy the last two in the store one to build as a family and one to keep while another family looks on you in sorrow as there are no more they drove from a city two hours away that has no lego store and you just took the last two or even better yet they walked in the store as you were leaving already checked out with them in your bag and saw them

or what is the proper level to take

I shall leave those decisions to someone else

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trekgate502 said:

buying the forthcoming ucs both base if you buy one of two on the shelf to build as a family or you buy the last two in the store one to build as a family and one to keep while another family looks on you in sorrow as there are no more they drove from a city two hours away that has no lego store and you just took the last two or even better yet they walked in the store as you were leaving already checked out with them in your bag and saw them

Hacked!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, trekgate502 said:

What am I reading here?

• Like 5

SINCE I AM SICK AND BOTCHED IT SO BADLY WILL ATTEMPT AGAIN WITH A TRY AT PROPER GRAMMAR

If one was to try and weigh someone cleaning out shelves of jurassic world and the decision they must make do they take them all, some or many.

If they were to clean out shelves of C3PO Red Arm, the Christmas Tree poly and the decision they must make do they take them all, some or many.

Another Example... Assuming it is release day for the upcoming Star Wars UCS Hoth Base you are in your Lego store and they have two copies remaining.  Limit two per person.  You buy one of the remaining two copies for your family to build.  Also you decide after thinking about it to buy both one for your family to build and one to save forever in pristine condition not opened.  You are within your rights.  Meanwhile as you are at the shelf and you are pulling down both copies to purchase a family walks in.  They drove from two hours away to get one copy of the set.  They saved up all year to purchase it.  You check out with both sets while they get none.  You did nothing wrong.  Alternatively you could have already paid, been walking out and had both sets in the bag and they stared at you leaving.

What is the right answer ?

How do you parse taking all copies a few copies or one copy of anything.

Exciter's alternative response for me to post: Picture of my C3PO and Christmas Tree holdings.

:)

Edited by trekgate502

8 minutes ago, cladner said:

By leaving them, you are depriving yourself of future happy customers while at the same time leaving the door open to and thus tacitly encouraging other low-life types to get into the quick-flipping racket.

2991332.jpg

If you were being consistent with the bad news shouldn't they also find out they are the father?

• Like 3

Here is the target DPCI number: 204-00-0521.

With it you can search other targets in your area to see if they have any in stock. There are on-line checkers (brickpicker may have one, or google 'target inventory checker'), or you can check on in-store price scanners that have numeric key-pads on the side (or ask someone working the floor).

Good luck in your search. They are completely wiped out in my area, too.

Edited by SpaceFan9
spelling

8 minutes ago, cladner said: By leaving them, you are depriving yourself of future happy customers while at the same time leaving the door open to and thus tacitly encouraging other low-life types to get into the quick-flipping racket.

2991332.jpg

If you were being consistent with the bad news shouldn't they also find out they are the father?

I question why a woman is in the photo and getting news she is or isn't the father.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ebelle122 said:

First off, I am overwhelmed by all these responses. Allow me to clarify a bit.

The long story is this:

I browse at Target almost every day after going to the gym, so it was three days in a row that I saw a plentiful supply of polybags. I wasn't sure whether this tree was the same as Santa's Visit and I'm overspent on Christmas by about $500 already. Yes, I should have bought it and then returned if I changed my mind, but that's my life: I just keep missing the boat. Which leads me to why I am so angry at QFLL's.

I have been collecting modulars since FB. My budget is very tight (four kids, one retail grade income) so I buy for myself last. I bought the PS in March of 2014 thinking I had more time to save for TH. I had planned to buy TH on my birthday, Oct 22, but by then they were gone. I was shocked and hurt and desperate to find one to keep my collection as complete as I could (no way I could afford GG and CC), so I coughed up an extra $100 and bought TH on eBay in early November. The only explanation I have for my troubles with the TH is that the QFLL's heard it was EOL and they pounced. I know that this was also a good long-term buy, but I suspect that it was the flippers that got me by the shorthairs.

<insert BS about JW, etc. Quick money goons are messing with end user availability... Waah! I want my toys back!>

I'm just a little cat in a dog eat dog world. "Oh Christmas tree!"

No blaming, Ebelle122, no blaming.

The question to ask yourself is: "What am I going to do about it? What am I going to do next time?"

You have a job? Did person who was turned down from that job blame you?

You have a family? Did the person who had a crush on your significant other blame you?

You are living in a dog eat dog world. But you are a dog too.

Having said that, any BPer willing to sell a Christmas tree polybag at MSRP to our fellow BPer Ebelle122?

Edited by legone3