Jump to content

How the QFLL crushed my Lego dreams

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Jackson said:

So earn more money so you can buy luxury items immediately at the time you see them.  Blaming flippers for your income woes is absurd.

Should I just ask the income fairy for this? I'm not faulting flippers for my budget constraints. I'm angry that when I do have the time, money and motivation to buy something, I can't find it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a nice little set, will be $10 before you know it. I'm the QFLL that sold 200-300 of the decorating the xmas tree last year. With sets like this people buy 10 all the time (I know from sales). People get together on holidays and do things together as a family, building lego is one of those things. More than one person bought a 10 pack of trees last year from me for the family activity. It isn't just QFLL buying them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

It's a nice little set, will be $10 before you know it. I'm the QFLL that sold 200-300 of the decorating the xmas tree last year. With sets like this people buy 10 all the time (I know from sales). People get together on holidays and do things together as a family, building lego is one of those things. More than one person bought a 10 pack of trees last year from me for the family activity. It isn't just QFLL buying them

That was a perfect storm for you on those last year.  Well performing item, local outlet within a limited region has a bunch of them, at a deep discount, and it was at the right time of year.  Doesn't get much better than that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ebelle122 said:

Should I just ask the income fairy for this? I'm not faulting flippers for my budget constraints. I'm angry that when I do have the time, money and motivation to buy something, I can't find it. 

 

 

Yeah, just ask the income fairy.  Don't better yourself, educate yourself, improve your skills, hunt for better jobs, research personal finance, improve work performance, reduce personal spending, or do anything that might require effort.

You can find any set you want on eBay and Amazon.  Being able to buy a luxury item at the original retail price at whatever point in time you're ready isn't a right.

Edited by Jackson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

13 hours ago, Jackson said:

Yeah, just ask the income fairy.  Don't better yourself, educate yourself, improve your skills, hunt for better jobs, research personal finance, improve work performance, reduce personal spending, or do anything that might require effort.

 

You can find any set you want on eBay and Amazon.  Being able to buy a luxury item at the original retail price at whatever point in time you're ready isn't a right.

Don't be an ass... Until now this thread has been relatively civil but I think it has run its course.

All you folks who buy up all the stock (yep, I did it with 30320) know exactly what your doing and that some people are going to get annoyed over it. Just like you're saying the OP needs to deal with it, you need to deal with the fact some people will hate it.

Personal attacks will cause this thread to be locked up tighter than ex1's TRU for stacking.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day, it's just missing out on some plastic bricks. There will be other cool sets in the future, so missing out on one isn't really that big of a deal.

That said, my policy nowadays is buy now, think later. If I decide I don't want it, I can probably make a profit selling it or in the worst case, get back what I paid for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

If you were being consistent with the bad news shouldn't they also find out they are the father?

you are completely right - i got my punchlines backwards.  this time it was bad news breaking and the bad news was even worse than   finding out they were the father.  its whifff. and a miss.  i love threads like this - they can't be derailed.  they go wherever they want to until they find their way to the bubble thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Your logic just doesn't make sense to me.  I guess you're assuming one person bought all 20.  But let's say it was you (or someone like you).  So 7 people came in and bought 1-3 of the polybag in the last day.  Why is that unreasonable to assume that happened?

QFLL'ers are an easy target, and I get it. But it's just as likely that Grandma and Little Timmy came in and bought a few each.  And 6 more people just like them did.  It could have been me.  I would easily buy 4 of them.  One for my desk, one for my wife, and one for each of the two kids.  Doesn't take but a couple of people in a 24 hour period to make that happen - that's following your model.

It's a $3.49 item.  It's an impulse buy item.  It's very likely that other people impulse bought it.  And it's gone.  Why should people *NOT* impulse buy it, so that it's there for OP to buy the next day.  It's actually a bit unreasonable to assume that it's going to be there the next day.

I'm not just talking about Lego, either.  This is true for tons of other products.  My wife worked at the Disney Store in the mid-90s.  We learned early on that if we wanted something, and saw it, to buy it.  Why?  Because they ran through stock so quickly, and rotated stock so quickly, that there was no guarantee that it would be there the next day.  It was reality then, and it's reality now with TONS of different products.

Right, I hear what you're saying. I guess it's more just that it's that way with everything and that's what I don't like. It's not that it's a $3.49 item. In general I think it's sad and unfair that casual shoppers miss out on anything, not just toys because people buy and resell quickly and items go before people have a chance.  just give people a chance!! haha 

All good

also, the video above disgusts me and is more of what I'm talking about. can't stop it, doesn't mean it's ok. stores should have a limit. 

Edited by DenJ91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DenJ91 said:

the video above disgusts me and is more of what I'm talking about. can't stop it, doesn't mean it's ok. stores should have a limit.

He's buying the "marked down" polybags from the holiday section. Target has marked them down to get rid of them. They want to be done with the holiday, as it's over when the discount is applied. Why on earth would they have a limit?

There's a similar story about a bird being early & he's rewarded then with a worm...

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ebelle122 said:

OP UPDATE: I bought my tree set at a slightly less local Target (20 min vs 12 min drive). Yay! Thanks for all the feedback. Now can we just let this die? Please?

You never took the last one did you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have been poetic justice, but no. I only bought one, and left the other 10 for one of you guys. 

9 minutes ago, Ensche said:

Sure, but please just do not open a new thread the next time you didn't get a 3.45-Set :)

Lesson learned (on many levels)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a more positive note, I did get a PM from another member offering to send me a tree absolutely free. At the end of the day, this is still a community. It was nice to see a bit of the ole Christmas Spirit still exists. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ebelle122 said:

On a more positive note, I did get a PM from another member offering to send me a tree absolutely free. At the end of the day, this is still a community. It was nice to see a bit of the ole Christmas Spirit still exists. 

I think most members are very generous with their information and realize that this thread was not all that serious.  A few members are too tightly wound up and need to relax.  As you spend more time on the site, you will realize which members to tune out and which you should take advice from.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ebelle122 said:

On a more positive note, I did get a PM from another member offering to send me a tree absolutely free. At the end of the day, this is still a community. It was nice to see a bit of the ole Christmas Spirit still exists. 

Last week I was at a small toystore in a remoted area and they still had 3 UCS Imperial Shuttles on the shelve for RRP. I was not carrying that amount of cash so I kindly asked the shopowner where was the nearest ATM. When I returned after half an hour they were all gone. The shopowner told me a geeky guy in his mid-thirties entered the shop and bought them all. Must have been some QFLL I am affraid.

 

 

p.s. I really really believe in Santa and the ole Christmas spirit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

Last week I was at a small toystore in a remoted area and they still had 3 UCS Imperial Shuttles on the shelve for RRP. I was not carrying that amount of cash so I kindly asked the shopowner where was the nearest ATM. When I returned after half an hour they were all gone. The shopowner told me a geeky guy in his mid-thirties entered the shop and bought them all. Must have been some QFLL I am affraid.

But how much cash did you bring back, enough for 1 or 3?

11 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

 

p.s. I really really believe in Santa and the ole Christmas spirit. 

Christmas is my favorite!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...