LEGO Shop @ Home Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals USA/Canada

Jeff Mack

5 minutes ago, asharerin said:

IMO it was the fun AND sophistication that appealed to the girls. In my mind Jungle and Popstar was a dumbing down and regression of the theme. I think they should have built on what they had and it would have also been a great opportunity for some nice large detailed sets that would most likely never be added to the modular line (library, museum, art gallery, hospital etc). Just my opinion.

Quadruple like 

50 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Unless I'm reading it wrong (since I'm all over the place today) wasn't Target the best with buy 2 get 1 free...

Yes, I think you're right that the best deal we've seen was the Target deal.  I meant the best deal we're seeing for BF weekend.

My personal issue is that I didn't have Dimensions on my radar yet for the Target deal, so I didn't grab any then.  I've got a Dimensions starter set ready for under the tree now, so I'm looking for deals on the packs.

TRU is running BOGO 40% which is close to the LEGO Shop at Home price.  Maybe more expensive by $1.  Worth it on the surface to return?  (Since I bought some earlier this week)  Probably not.  But, when you factor in multiple orders taking you over $99 and getting a Gingerbread House, the LEGO Shop at Home deal is definitely better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Yes, I think you're right that the best deal we've seen was the Target deal.  I meant the best deal we're seeing for BF weekend.

My personal issue is that I didn't have Dimensions on my radar yet for the Target deal, so I didn't grab any then.  I've got a Dimensions starter set ready for under the tree now, so I'm looking for deals on the packs.

TRU is running BOGO 40% which is close to the LEGO Shop at Home price.  Maybe more expensive by $1.  Worth it on the surface to return?  (Since I bought some earlier this week)  Probably not.  But, when you factor in multiple orders taking you over $99 and getting a Gingerbread House, the LEGO Shop at Home deal is definitely better.

I just bought 2 packs and figured that would keep the kids busy until deeper discounts later.

• Like 1

UPDATE:

• I updated the tables to remove the listings that had no discounts
  • Also, these sales will go live at 12AM ET on Friday and Monday.

• One other point of clarification (see below): Our list had contained some sets showing online as ‘Sold Out.’ The remaining inventory of these sets will be marked down at LEGO Brand Retail stores but we’re unlikely to have more stock online

2015-11-25_14-17-19.jpg.1cfe09fed09154d1

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

UPDATE:

• I updated the tables to remove the listings that had no discounts
  • Also, these sales will go live at 12AM ET on Friday and Monday.

• One other point of clarification (see below): Our list had contained some sets showing online as ‘Sold Out.’ The remaining inventory of these sets will be marked down at LEGO Brand Retail stores but we’re unlikely to have more stock online

2015-11-25_14-17-19.jpg.1cfe09fed09154d1

Ah, shoot.  Guess I'm headed to the store then.  I was hoping for the easy pickings Thursday evening at 9PM (love west coast time).  I'm going to have to pick up that Service Truck.  I needs me a portapotty!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Ah, shoot.  Guess I'm headed to the store then.  I was hoping for the easy pickings Thursday evening at 9PM (love west coast time).  I'm going to have to pick up that Service Truck.  I needs me a portapotty!

Now I can cross reference both discussions in this thread:

My kids' favorite part of Friends is all the toilets

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

The city, friends, and pop star sets are already discounted at Canada LEGO Shop at Home.

Edited by redghostx

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

What made Friends a success?  Horses?

I take it , you didn't read " The Book "

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1440244820/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1448481440&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=lego+guide+book&dpPl=1&dpID=51-xAS2narL&ref=plSrch

Didn't make it to that chapter yet. I need more corn dogs.

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

What made Friends a success?  Horses?

Purple, pink and aqua bricks...Lots of them.

They still have those!

This sounds like too many different sets being sold at one time by Lego. This might be the time to switch your focus from overhoarded, overproduced, not-so-exclusive exclusives to regular sets. The lifespans on regular sets are shrinking while exclusives are lengthening. 

• Like 2