MINIFIGURE BOOK: SITE CONTEST

Ed Mack

On 12/5/2015, 9:02:05, Tjcjmay said:

Thank you so much for replying to me. I do have one more question though. Is it okay if I put my signature on my submitted photos like Samsofy did on the photos of his you showed? Also, how long after we submit our pictures do we have to wait till we can post them on our various sites like Flickr?

The reply from the publisher on these questions are as follows:

Can you add a signature/watermark/anything to the photos:
Unfortunately no, as stated before, there will be plenty of ways for people to know that you were the one that took/submitted that photo, but there will be no extra identification on the actual photo itself.

How long after we submit our pictures do we have to wait till we can post them on our various sites like Flickr?
The main goal here is to submit unpublished photos so that there is fresh content for the book.  If they are killer photos for a particular purpose for the book, there could be some allowances, but that would would need to be figured out depending on how it will be used in the book. As far as when someone could post a photo they've submitted for the contest to Flickr or elsewhere, I'm thinking that those whose photos we don't choose can post them any time after they find out we won't be using them - while we would ask that people whose photos we do choose to use in the book will wait to post them elsewhere until after the book comes out. 

7 minutes ago, belljohn said:

Do you mind uploading of figures not on your list, or will that waste your time? 

Do you need a new copy of the release form with each batch of uploaded photos since each photo is listed separately?

I look forward to getting started.

The "creative dioramas" and "real life" type of photos that we will use in the introduction and scattered throughout the book can use any LEGO minifigure you want, as long as they are from a specific theme.  Even if they are mixed up themes and are dynamite photographs, I can figure a way to use them.  My list of minifigures that are getting individual analysis and write up can be a standard type of image or creative as well.  We will find ways to use great photos, regardless of the figure, but try to stick with the basic outline.  If there is a minifigure that I left out that should be included, let me know. 

I believe one release is good for all the photos submitted.  

• Like 2

People can turn in pictures of any minifigure(s) they want and/or multiples in one photo. As long as they are from one of the main themes listed. Even if I don't have a minifigure listed and its a great photo, we can work it in some way. The designers are very creative.

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I have a few ideas of pictures that could be funny when accompanied with a sentence/comment.  Are you open to these types of pictures?  If so, should I photoshop the comment on the picture or should I send it as text? 

i think you can, but i would make sure to include the PSD file with it in case the designers want to do something different with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes thank you.  I just downloaded a few batches that I have needed my attention.  We have received some nice ones and will start to promote this more again to get more members involved.  If possible, we would love to see some more scenes related to the themes.   There are a lot of chapters there and it would be great to see some fun shots submitted to cover those theme "Title" shots.

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know I've got a few photos coming in. My brother is a photographer and I'm a LEGO fanatic, so we've been collaborating. Just did our first small shoot tonight and we're hoping to do quite a few more (there was a lot of experimentation tonight, so we barely scratched the surface).

Any concrete end date yet? Or even a close estimate? We'll probably keep shooting until then!

Awesome, that's great to hear because trying to fit sessions in both our schedules is proving to be a bit of challenge, and we may need to pick up a few new backdrops and some equipment. It took me a week or so just to get minifigures together . . . some of them have been dismantled and sitting in bins for a while, lol. That gives us a few weekends to fit more in! I wanted to get started around a month ago, but the holidays kept me busy.

3 hours ago, Popeyez said:

I'm confused about how you send a photo in

Contact Jeff directly with photo information. 

14 hours ago, Flanagan Bros Inc said:

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know I've got a few photos coming in. My brother is a photographer and I'm a LEGO fanatic, so we've been collaborating. Just did our first small shoot tonight and we're hoping to do quite a few more (there was a lot of experimentation tonight, so we barely scratched the surface).

Any concrete end date yet? Or even a close estimate? We'll probably keep shooting until then!

Sometime in February.  Keep shooting.