Gratitude for BP founders

ISO8T0

It's that time of year, when you do something nice for someone else, to be generous, to say thanks and take time to appreciate what you have and what you can give.

None of us would be here taking advantage of one of the best resources of our new found hobby in LEGO collecting/investing if it weren't for two brothers, our fearless leaders, Jeff and Ed.

If you'd like to send them a little Holiday gratitude Pm me.

mods: if there's a more appropriate place for this post please move it and add a stickie while you're at it.

• Like 6

Hi guys/gals...  I appreciate the offer.  There might be a way to show your appreciation, but it would not be for me personally, it would be a donation to my son's school, which is having financial difficulties.  We were notified yesterday of the situation and will be brainstorming ways to raise money to keep a wonderful school open.  It is St. Paul School in Burlington, NJ and it's a special place.  But as many of you know, Catholic schools always have financial issues and this one has more than most.  I am looking for any ideas from the very smart and money savvy BrickPicker Community on fundraising or ways to help keep the school open.  I would appreciate any input...Thanks...Ed Mack

PS: I am sure many of you thought I was a Devil worshiper, but you were wrong...LOL.  I am also kind to animals.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Hi guys/gals...  I appreciate the offer.  There might be a way to show your appreciation, but it would not be for me personally, it would be a donation to my son's school, which is having financial difficulties.  We were notified yesterday of the situation and will be brainstorming ways to raise money to keep a wonderful school open.  It is St. Paul School in Burlington, NJ and it's a special place.  But as many of you know, Catholic schools always have financial issues and this one has more than most.  I am looking for any ideas from the very smart and money savvy BrickPicker Community on fundraising or ways to help keep the school open.  I would appreciate any input...Thanks...Ed Mack

PS: I am sure many of you thought I was a Devil worshiper, but you were wrong...LOL.  I am also kind to animals.

There is a donation button right on their web page.  Just follow the link above.  They accept Pay Pal.  Only thing I did not see was a message spot to tell them who the donation was on behalf of.  I appreciate all you do for this site and I have placed a small donation as a way of saying Thank you.  IF everyone here does the same I am sure we can make a difference in your Sons school.  I appreciate the fact you asked to direct such a donation to a good cause and education is such a cause.  May this and anything else BPers do to say thank you would go along way.  I personally thank you - I can contribute $100s of dollars in profit directly to this site for the Walmart creative towers last black Friday that I bought for $30 and sold for $75 days later directly to this site. You have helped me make money and enjoy being an AFOL.  Merry Christmas!!!  (Since you son goes to Catholic school I assume it is safe to say that!!! :-)  ) 

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse
2 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Well thats disappointing, but do love this site so donating to a school is the least I can do 

Edit: and done was really easy. conscience is clear now to go make little timmy cry

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

I don't make one dollar off each book....TRUE STORY!

What a great reason to negotiate an increase/include on the 2nd one then! 

There is no money in the book business unless your name is Dean Koontz, John Grisham or JK Rowling. We negotiated to get a hardcover and more input from others. Books are like a website, they are a labor of love and entertaining, but don't pay the bills.

• Like 1