Need Help with Custom Build

terse

Hey guys, new to the forum and need some help with a build. I don't know if I posted in the correct place.

I love Legos and I love Datsun Z's (240z/260z/280z's) and I stumbled across these pics on the internet.

This MOC is pretty awesome and looks exactly like my 240z, so of course I want to build one, to go with my car.

I tried building one myself but I'm def not experienced enough. I used parts from these sets which seem to have about 90% of the parts in the build.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GSPF9QG

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NHQGKBM

Anyone able to help me out here? I can send you my sets for the build. This should be pretty simple for you expert builders on here :)

17184946917_03d88f69d0_o.jpg

17204583048_807324d039_o.jpg

17385716505_f75186cfeb_o(1).jpg

• Like 1

I found an image like this of a micro Helm's Deep last spring. First I tried getting in touch with the poster of the photos, which was fruitless. That's my first suggestion, maybe the guy has a digital version of the model that you could get off him. 

Next suggestion would be to try and use some software and reverse engineer it. Lego Digital Designer would be a good, free place to start. You can pick any bricks Lego has ever made, place them into your environment, and then try to build it. If you mess up you can click undo and try again without wasting much time. You may end up with something a little different on the internal bits that you can't see from the photos, but as long as the build is solid and the outer casing looks the same, you'll get your MOC out of it. Digital Designer can then create some instructions, but more importantly a brick count of everything used, so you have an inventory of what to collect from sets/bricklink. Doing this is often a fun learning experience too, as you might be exposed to build techniques you hadn't thought of.... like that clips one above, that's neat and never would've thought of it! 

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse
5 hours ago, terse said:

thanks guys. anyone able to help me out with the entire build?

"help out"  with entire build?  if you mean does anyone have the instruction, that would be a no. (unless the creator is a member here) You're going to either build it yourself out of spare pieces you have or the LDD.  Zelgazra is right, using LDD makes it easy to build what you want.  Then bricklink the parts you don't have.