Canadian Tire Clearance MADNESS!

Veegs

Maybe this goes in the Deal/No Deal? thread, but I want my fellow Canadians responding, and the set's been discussed here recently...

Found 3x Mystery Machines at 10% off. Boxes slightly damaged (creases etc, nothing major). They're gone everywhere else in my catchment area and I only have 3 in stock myself. It's not really trending anywhere on ebay yet though... If I buy at this price and flip tomorrow, I'd break even at best. My desires and gut are telling me buy them, but my logic is telling me to go buy 3 more Jakkus at 50% off, or another full case of Disney figs for a little more than the same price. Or I just keep the money in hand, cause I've spent way way way way too much recently anyway...

Guide me horde? 

On 1/2/2017 at 6:53 PM, Sandwraith said:

If you were referring to my post (not sure as no quote), i was talking about the CT giftcards on sale for %10 off from Loblaws, not the in store give away ones, my guess is those all have strict deadlines.

Gotcha. Yes I mixed the two cards up. Was referring to the get 50 for spending 200.

Anyone know if the stores start their clearance markdowns at the same time, or is it as discretion of the manager? Looking for something better than the current 20%.

• 9 months later...

It's that time of the year! One of my local stores has started to stock the toy isle, always a good time to find some of the older stuff and wait for the inevitable clearances. This location had a bunch of beat up AAT's, Skyhoppers, B-Wing, City Snowplows, and old Milano. On top of stocking some of the new stuff of course.

Edited by Sandwraith
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2017 at 5:56 PM, Zelgazra said:

Maybe this goes in the Deal/No Deal? thread, but I want my fellow Canadians responding, and the set's been discussed here recently...

Found 3x Mystery Machines at 10% off. Boxes slightly damaged (creases etc, nothing major). They're gone everywhere else in my catchment area and I only have 3 in stock myself. It's not really trending anywhere on ebay yet though... If I buy at this price and flip tomorrow, I'd break even at best. My desires and gut are telling me buy them, but my logic is telling me to go buy 3 more Jakkus at 50% off, or another full case of Disney figs for a little more than the same price. Or I just keep the money in hand, cause I've spent way way way way too much recently anyway...

Guide me horde? 

11 months ago, you asked this. I wonder how you are doing with the mystery machines now. They've more than tripled so far.

42 minutes ago, flord said:

More than tripled? How do you figure? On Bricklink asking price starts at $65. Ebay lately seems to run $60 - $70.  I don't see any that have sold for $120+.

Check out the sold listings, I found a bunch sold for more than 75USD on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=98281&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=lego+mystery+machine&_sop=16

On 12/6/2017 at 3:52 PM, ChristopherJB said:

11 months ago, you asked this. I wonder how you are doing with the mystery machines now. They've more than tripled so far.

Funny enough, those 3 were the only ones I ended up purchasing! I was on the fence about Scooby last year, decided to put more eggs into the Jurassic basket. I'm going to sit on my limited Scooby stock until next year I think. Jurassic has been going very well! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Canadiantire.ca still has the Rogue One AT-ST available for online order to store pickup for anyone interested. Not on clearance unfortunately, but Loblaws stores have CT giftcards on sale for %10 off, so that's something at least.

They have Force Awakens Falcon too.

Edited by Sandwraith
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...