Canadian Tire Clearance MADNESS!

Veegs

19 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

Went back for a second run. Can't resist the deal... I can sell all these on Amazon right now

76020 - $35.99
76039 - $17.99
76030 - $15.99
41094 - $35.99

IMG_4044_zpsxxvytqvd.jpg

41094 : 34.99$ .. is better than me, got them at 39.99$ (20%) .. so 1st you got a better deal and also your tax are lower than my 15%,  where you are isn't ? lol

76030 at 15.99$ .. grrr.....good shot !

Edited by gravtation

Am I the only one !? ....

Today I rushed myself to the stores.. I always carry this feeling, that I'll be the last one, that I won't have a chance to score big,..

that everyone seems to be running to the store at the same time I've plan to visit ... that they will run out of their cars, to grab the same ones I was going for

But this is just in my head .. so far can't remember that it ever happened... Now with the known special deals of today .. should I RUN again tomorrow with my promo cards for what's left or even untouch at certain stores ... or do I wait to see if there's is a real sale at the Boxing Day.  My question is, most of the parents aren't waiting for a special supposed to be day deal at Canadian tire to buy their kids presents "Lego" ...at one week from the D Day, I've bought my Sons gifts a month ago ... is there any chance that there's enough parents to pick all the good sets left ? .. Should I be patient and hope to get better deal with the remaining GOOD lego at 40 or more % off  by Boxing day !

24 minutes ago, gravtation said:

should I RUN again tomorrow with my promo cards for what's left or even untouch at certain stores ... or do I wait to see if there's is a real sale at the Boxing Day. 

I am not waiting. I am going to the locations I know where there will be ISD remaining. I will not wait till boxing day. 30% off is good enough for me, I rather get to pick and choose now, than nothing to choose from on boxing day. If price drops again, I am sure they will credit you the difference.

I wouldn't wait on those AT-ATs either ;)

Edited by tacsniper

10 hours ago, gravtation said:

Never seen a Canadian Tire stacked like this .. so many lego sets .. NO Deal , no rebate, nothing nada, seems like it was untouch since the very first day they put these out for Xmas... full, full full ..

Now that is one stocked CT! All of mine (and I've been to 5 or 6 in my area within the past few weeks) only have about 1/4th of that. Craziness.

Ended my spree with 6 AT-AT's, 2 ISD, and 2 Bounties. Debated more, but the CC is hurting from the %15 off at TRU >< Will pick up more ISD's or Bounties with my gift cards today.

Edited by Sandwraithx157

Came back from CT and was able to pick up 3 more brick bounty.  There were some star wars troop transport and a couple of elsa's castle at 39.99.  Why pay $39.99 when I can get them for $25.00 right.  I will take a look at some more CT near my area.  BTW, no ISD nor At-Ats.

John

Edited by Gray2010

I think it helps in this case to be in a smaller/slower market or lower monetary demographic? Or maybe just luck. For those in the big(ger) cities you do probably have more kijiji cash in hand flip options so maybe it all evens out?

Any BPers in London, ON? Still seeing some store stock at a few of sets I want. I'll be there over the holidays and if you leave any on the shelves I'll force myself to 'swoop' them.

• Like 2

Did anyone snap a pic of the discounted Poes X-Wing with price tag? I'd like to go try to price-match but without pictures of that one I might struggle to convince them. I guess a store location that had them on sale might work as well, as I could ask them to check against that store. Any help appreciated. 

41 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Did anyone snap a pic of the discounted Poes X-Wing with price tag? I'd like to go try to price-match but without pictures of that one I might struggle to convince them. I guess a store location that had them on sale might work as well, as I could ask them to check against that store. Any help appreciated. 

I tried to price match some stuff at a location that had no sales and was told that since it's a "managers sale" they don't price match other stores.

YMMV obviously though.

5 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

IMG_4061_zpsaygemu9g.jpg

IMG_4062_zpsyxiqgnpo.jpg

22 minutes ago, seapotato said:

Oh would love to get a first order transporter at that price. I really only want it for the phasma figure.

another CT is selling the POE X-Wing for $62.99 and First Order Transporter for $69.99. Tie Fighter for $56.90. I was able to get the higher price store to price match the lower price store. 

I bought the transporter for part out too. POE will be sold as a set. Keeping one of each for myself.

Edited by tacsniper

33 minutes ago, Gray2010 said:

So, do you guys think there will be more at CT on Boxing Day?

John

Last year I recall they did 20-30% discounts (like now) and then pulled stock that didn't sell. Obviously I hope we get 50% off, but I'd be pretty happy with another 20x the point even again, and use that on sale sets. Another gift card promo is possible, too. There was a $20 a couple weeks ago, and the $50 on Thursday. Another one for Boxing Day would be pretty awesome.

Hope so.. need to refill, know a few CT that still have many good sets on shelf.

wasn't sure about the Imperial Destroyer like Tacsniper told me to buy .. well bought 5 , 4 sold for 180$ each already .. need to get more ..  bought 6 at-at : 2 sold 150$ each, keeping all other at-at for more $$$.  To me At-At is way better to ship than the big Imperial, shipping is a killer for that set !  Weird how so many people are happy with the price I ask on my adds come pay and are wonderful and thanks me for saving their christmas present, and so many emails that I'm an A$$hole stating that I'm stealing poor people with my asking price !   Well I can't be loved by everyone I guess! One lady asked me to make a good action by selling her an At-At at 100$ , told her I'd do better than that :

"I work for the CF I've done my part already helping everyone, are you able to tell so? ! " 
Rude, Rough, but fair enough.. don't judge someone when you don't know about their history !

Edited by gravtation
  • Like 1

Returned to my canadian tire for a price match, told me that they was suposed to be at 20% everywhere but they didnt have time

got 2 AT AT last one for 103+tx each and one brickbounter for 96$+tx. there is 2 ISD 119$each plus taxe but didn't take them .. no more at-at left has i got the two left... but still about 8brickbountys, should I grab a few at 96$+tx each? for sure I am pissed off missing 50$ gift card has they wasnt in promotion, and didn't ask for a pricematch... damn me

26 minutes ago, TargetZero said:

Returned to my canadian tire for a price match, told me that they was suposed to be at 20% everywhere but they didnt have time

got 2 AT AT last one for 103+tx each and one brickbounter for 96$+tx. there is 2 ISD 119$each plus taxe but didn't take them .. no more at-at left has i got the two left... but still about 8brickbountys, should I grab a few at 96$+tx each? for sure I am pissed off missing 50$ gift card has they wasnt in promotion, and didn't ask for a pricematch... damn me

Price match is on a store to store basis and some stores will do it, others will not, and some will check to see if another store in the area has it first.  Canadian Tire stores are individually owned and operated so it really is YMMV.

5 minutes ago, redghostx said:

Price match is on a store to store basis and some stores will do it, others will not, and some will check to see if another store in the area has it first.  Canadian Tire stores are individually owned and operated so it really is YMMV.

Yeah but like 5 out of 7 closest have the deals.

5 minutes ago, MOSKAL said:

Quick question

If I show my receipt from CT will Toy R Us or Walmart price match?

I pretty much cleared out what was left in all of west Ottawa today.

Yeah well in my corner, they are the coolest around, they just need a proof. 

If they is no proof that it is that particular set on the invoice.. it will be hard! but yes they will

• Like 1