Canadian Tire Clearance MADNESS!

Veegs

11 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

ppl are selling ISD for $225-250 and AT-AT for $200-250 on kijiji in AB!

That is why my $199 shipped At-At went to AB from the 'bay :)

I sent out my relative 'army' to grab AT-ATs and ISDs from other stores in southern ON that still showed stock. Trying to do my part. I did grab some BrickBs here and there, but haven't scooped them all. I expect BB to be like King's Castle was this year (which was decent) but ISD and AT-AT look too easy to flip during SW mania.

7 minutes ago, Veegs said:

I sent out my relative 'army' to grab AT-ATs and ISDs from other stores in southern ON that still showed stock. Trying to do my part. I did grab some BrickBs here and there, but haven't scooped them all. I expect BB to be like King's Castle was this year (which was decent) but ISD and AT-AT look too easy to flip during SW mania.

ya ISD and AT-AT is no brainer right now. Buy them all now before its too late. I am not flipping these probably till next movie.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TargetZero said:

ISD at 120$CDN, should i grap them?

A remake of the original ISD is probably a ways out as we'll likely see a TFA ISD first, so if you want some this is probably the best price you'll find them at before they disappear!

After seeing TFA on friday; i went back to CT and picked up one of each of TFA sets for myself at %30 off (minus MF and Kylo shuttle as i'm not sure CT even carried them). Because after seeing the movie i had to have em :3 movie made me feel like a kid again.

• Like 3

A CT I went to to clear the last AT-AT still had a bunch of 75004 HeadHunter at 30$ CAD and Spider Droid 75016 at 20$. Are these worth stocking up on? I'm thinking yay on the headhunter and nay on the droid but I'm not certain.

Thanks. 

Spider Droid already has another remake coming in 2016 if that helps your decision.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2015 at 5:10 PM, gravtation said:

Well mine are affordable at 180$ and 150$ ... pouahhaha !

On 12/20/2015 at 4:58 PM, Veegs said:

Do you guys sell your stuff on ebay or kijiji?

Are your typical buyers from the states or Canada?

Edited by Dustler

5 hours ago, Dustler said:

Both...  Personal experience says most buyers are from Canada but small items sell decent to the US. I've sold a few large items to the US but shipping often kills the deal since I never list with free shipping to the US (way to much variation from shipping to the 7 zones as defined by Canada Post).

I have noticed that the amount of people selling on Kijiji this year has tripled if not quadrupled and everyone thinks their junk is worth a fortune. To me it devalues the real gems listed.

11 hours ago, Dustler said:

Kijiji makes up perhaps 5-10% of my overall sales. I have done over 20k on ebay this year (and no, I am not hiding this income from CRA, although it is a pain to do taxes) and a couple thousand on amazon. Amazon would have been more, but I had a ton of back and forth with their people and they basically sucked. I ended up not being able to list for the holidays and didn't care to go FBA. 

I'd say 95% of my buyers are from Canada. Sometimes US shipping works for bigger items, especially with the strength of the American dollar. I sold an AT-AT to N.C. last week. If the Canadian dollar falls even more I would suspect I could start to undercut US sellers a little more aggressively, but might not be needed as I'm able to move as much stock as expected now. Might be a good option if sales slow or I get a favorable buy in price on a hot item (the AT-ATs I have were from the WM $70 clearance, so I can price competitively with US sellers pretty easily on a set like this...on other sets, US resellers are getting the items significantly cheaper than me...read the TRUTH Tactics thread, or Daily Deal to see some of the insane discounts people can get with coupon magic, TRU rewards CC which isn't in Canada, and Meijer santa bucks, Shopko, B&N, etc.). It took about three years and a crap ton of work to get to this point, and I'm still getting more efficient and savvier all the time. 

I sell mine 100% through Ebay, but I was thinking of trying Kijiji.  There are pros and cons to both.  The ebay/paypal/shipping cost really eat into the margins.  The prices of lego with all their discounts is crazy compared to what we get in Canada so it makes it much harder for us.

I did check out 2 CT's around me and they don't have many star wars or the bigger sets left.  I did pick up 1 Emma's House which I'm debating if I should keep. 

Guest ph4tb0i
13 hours ago, Dustler said:

eBay exclusively since it's not worth my time to setup a meeting for Kijiji. I also mainly ship to the states and recover all my HST paid (I'm in Ontario) back at the end of the year when I file my corporate tax returns for products exported out of the country. I wrote my own ERP/CRM (I'm a data warehouse consultant by trade) using python/django to handle all the business since Excel's a little clumsy once you start to scale to higher volumes and try to keep track of everything moving in and out.  

This was my craziest Dec yet. 30K USD in sales this month alone (and all reinvested back into new inventory because of some of the insane deals/crippling CAD). I diversified to other things besides toys though. :) 

Edited by ph4tb0i

11 hours ago, gregpj said:

Both...  Personal experience says most buyers are from Canada but small items sell decent to the US. I've sold a few large items to the US but shipping often kills the deal since I never list with free shipping to the US (way to much variation from shipping to the 7 zones as defined by Canada Post).

I have noticed that the amount of people selling on Kijiji this year has tripled if not quadrupled and everyone thinks their junk is worth a fortune. To me it devalues the real gems listed.

yep , everyone think lego are worrth alot, alll the sets, comparer to new and sealer when they are used...

definitly a bubble, when everyone knows about it, like everyone

9 minutes ago, KSYC said:

I checked another CT and they had mostly CITY sets left, fire, police and lots of snow plows.  I wonder if they will do any further discounts to clear the inventory.

Likewise. Just City and Brick Bounties left at my local ones. If brick Bounties get further reduced i'll bite, but the police/fire City stuff isn't worth it to me.

The inventory checker as usual is pretty bad. One local CT says they have a couple of every TFA set (they don't) and i sometimes see people checking the app on their phone and vigorously looking everywhere for the sets haha ><