LEGO employees’ Xmas gift is a month’s salary

kiltyoneal

It is pretty awesome, but at the same time I've heard that overall salary is pretty low.  Maybe this is just US vs EU norms, but there are some really talented people at Lego that could be making 3x or 4x their salaries at design jobs in the US.  I've always had the perception that TLG uses the crush of candidates looking to work for them to its advantage to keep salaries low.

Regardless, its a well-deserved surprise for a lot of hard working people.

33 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

It is pretty awesome, but at the same time I've heard that overall salary is pretty low.  Maybe this is just US vs EU norms, but there are some really talented people at Lego that could be making 3x or 4x their salaries at design jobs in the US.  I've always had the perception that TLG uses the crush of candidates looking to work for them to its advantage to keep salaries low.

Regardless, its a well-deserved surprise for a lot of hard working people.

I am not sure being a talented Lego builder translates directly into a different type of design field.  Myself being the engineering / design field, I would never be able to come up with some of the stuff people come up with Lego.  I have noticed a few talented MOC'ers are actually much more into the Arts / Music.

1 hour ago, lego rules said:

I am not sure being a talented Lego builder translates directly into a different type of design field.  Myself being the engineering / design field, I would never be able to come up with some of the stuff people come up with Lego.  I have noticed a few talented MOC'ers are actually much more into the Arts / Music.

Listening to the master builders talk at Kid's fest, it sound like they generally look for more arts oriented than engineering people.

Although the environment at LEGO has changed over the years, they are still mostly from the old school.

Companies once felt responsible for the well being of their employees, and treated them like family. They would sometimes put their interests first, even before themselves.

It's nice to see this - Instead of the typical "I owe you nothing" view of today's corporate world.

Apparently for 2016 the call centre are introducing a performance related bonus based on how many resellers they are able to feed false retirement schedule information to.

Webmasters will also get a cash bonus for every "retiring soon" tag they put on exclusives and for moving products from backorder to sold out red to retired to call to check to sold out orange to available green.