Shelves are empty of LEGO STAR WARS sets!

Ed Mack

This is just the tip of the ice berg too.  I went to two stores yesterday, and both of them looked similar. I think the mania is full swing, and It's going to take a while for lego to catchup so I think it will be an interesting year for those of us into the Star Wars theme.  Also, many prices on retired sets have moved up lately.   And I feel like this is just the beginning on a lot of it.  

6 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

For my local stores, it's not only SW, it's almost every set.  TRU looked like someone walked down the aisle with their arms spread and just pushed it all in the cart.  Ninjago and Chima are abundant, but that's about it.

Same here, even super heroes were gone at my tru, I went there to look for hulk polybags and stormtrooper sergeants but no luck of course

5 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Same here, even super heroes were gone at my tru, I went there to look for hulk polybags and stormtrooper sergeants but no luck of course

REALLLY odd with the Storm Troopers at the TRU I go to most often.  I got the ONE they had.  I know the manager really well (she's a fruitcake) and I told her there's no way they only got 1.  She said it's the only one they have.  They can't find any more anywhere.  So either an employee walked out with pretty much the entire box, a customer did the same, or they've fell behind a box somewhere in the back.  I told her to text me when they find them.

2 days ago I bought Benny's spaceship at tru for $61, that store didn't a have stormtrooper to give as a freebie, drove to another tru, bought another spaceship this time with free stormtrooper, told the cashier that I bought same set hour ago at another store without poly, showed her receipt, she added one to my purchase so ended up with 2 bennys with 2 stormtrooper polys. 

For my local stores, it's not only SW, it's almost every set.  TRU looked like someone walked down the aisle with their arms spread and just pushed it all in the cart.  Ninjago and Chima are abundant, but that's about it.

It's almost as if there's a major gift giving holiday just a couple of days away ;)

• Like 4

Despite what doom and gloom economists are saying, I had a smoke with one of the workers and he said he's never seen anything like it 's been this year.  He said yesterday was stupid.  Said the checkout lines were down the toy aisles.  I've seen stores hit by actual tornadoes, and this store looked like one had hit, minus the building damage.  Aisles completely bare, toys and boxes on the floor everywhere, toys all over the store that were 150 feet from their actual selling location, etc.  I can't imagine how bad it would've been had oil and natural gas not collapsed. 

21 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Despite what doom and gloom economists are saying, I had a smoke with one of the workers and he said he's never seen anything like it 's been this year.  He said yesterday was stupid.  Said the checkout lines were down the toy aisles.  I've seen stores hit by actual tornadoes, and this store looked like one had hit, minus the building damage.  Aisles completely bare, toys and boxes on the floor everywhere, toys all over the store that were 150 feet from their actual selling location, etc.  I can't imagine how bad it would've been had oil and natural gas not collapsed. 

I hope you didn't touch any LEGO boxes after your smoke. :codemafia:

1 hour ago, Loghamel said:

While I didn't do any shopping today, I drove by one of our Super Targets and the parking lot was full.  Not 2/3 full, but full full.  This Target is always a mostly empty parking lot, but today at 5 it was at the seams.  Glad I did most of my shopping online, or if it was in store, several weeks ago. I don't do lines.

oh shoot! really? They running out of  Star Wars Lego's? Its a great comeback for Star Wars and also for Lego. I'm pretty sure they have a big amount of sales this year. Yesterday I've search for online shops that sells Lego because I think it would be better if I shop online rather than go to shops because i know many people now are rushing to the last minute Christmas shopping. I found this site and they sells Star Wars Lego. There are lots of choices to choose from and their on sale! Here's the link https://mums.sg/index.php?route=product%2Fsearch&search=lego . I've checked their site and I believe they have more stocks. 

I've noticed this at local stores around here.  Most of the Star Wars stuff is pretty much bone dry.  But my goodness are there an over abundance of City, Creator, and Ninjago stuff.  I definitely believe Lego in their prediction of a shortage for this holiday season, and it's going to be like this even for I would probably think a couple of months past Christmas.  Maybe even into tax season.