Shelves are empty of LEGO STAR WARS sets!

Ed Mack

I was in TRU Times Square yesterday and there was no shortage on display there. Shelves were completely packed.

That's probably the exception.

It's their flagship store so it is always well stocked. Their Lego section is amazing too!

Every store I was in yesterday was very anemic looking in he Star Wars dept.

What about the UK? I was hoing to see more of a shortage of Star Wars TFA so I could peddle my slightly over rrp wares, but as yet the main shops still seem to be stocked up round here. Hopefully in a couple of weeks we will begin to see a real shortage of supply instore and the christmas monies from aunties will have to be spent on my goods.

Certainly no SW shortages here as stores are all fully stocked with the complete TFA line. Scooby and the Jurassic world are limited but mostly still available, RE being the only real exception, but that’s been gone a couple of months now.  

By this time I’ve usually had a couple of regulars or family/friends contact me saying they need a particular set for Christmas, haven’t had any so far. May get one or two Christmas Eve, but it doesn’t feel as crazy as prior years.  I think the heavy discounting in November has curbed demand in Dec

Kylo Ren shuttle is an awful set based on an awful ship and Kylo Ren is a horrible villain ( I didn't think they could get worse than Hayden Christensen, thanks for proving me wrong Jar Jar Abrams) with a really dumb lightsaber. It is not surprising every retailer still has it and there are dozens and dozens available on ebay for well under msrp. I usually don't call duds this early in the life cycle but 75104 suuuuuuuucks.

11 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

Come to Illinois, the shelves at every store are full. Not just LEGO, no one is buying this TFA stuff here. Shelves overflowing.

You will probably come up with the best buy-ins of all of us then come clearance time.  It would probably be worth you while to make friends with a worker or manager in each store to sniff out when they are going to clearance stuff.  I've found that making friends with people in store really helps the bottom line.

Totally agree. We´ll see how series 2 performs as actual reference points to the movie. At 50% off, I´m in for a full set as if the shelf life is limited they could perform similar to Microfighters Series 1. Pehaps they have a similar isse as Bionicle, the figs are too big for Lego spaceships so only work as standalone items.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MarxMarvelous said:

Come to Illinois, the shelves at every store are full. Not just LEGO, no one is buying this TFA stuff here. Shelves overflowing.

Went to Target here in Chicago (Larrabee Street). SW Legos were slim except for First Order Transport, Kylo Ren's shuttle and some polybag First Order TIEs.

i want to check out the Lego Store to get a UCS Slave I!

18 hours ago, metsrock507 said:

i don't respect this opinion.

It is an opinion and everyone's opinion is worth respecting if you don't want to play the forum's D. Trump. You may disagree with it and usually provide arguments as to why you disagree. Here specifically, the opinion is solely based on taste, which incidentally happens to coincide with my own, so no argumentation will result in fruitful discussion.

I am appalled that so many respected members of this forum liked the comment that so bluntly propagates disrespect of a forum member legitimate views.

Very interesting what is and isn't available in my local store.

All the cheap and mid range City sets are gone, only the bigger items, like the trains, Arctic Base Camp, Deep Sea Exploration etc. are remaining. Most of Star Wars are gone, except they have a good few Falcons and Poe's X-Wing still left. 

There's lots of Ninjago left of all price levels, bad sign for that locally. Still a good few Wall-E's, along with a load of Tumblers, high end Technic sets, Simpsons sets and Pet Shops, basically the dearer sets.

Everything else seems to be gone,