Costco Canada Deals

Zender

• 2 weeks later...

Destiny's Bounty and a few more sets back in stock - just ordered DB with the $25 Masterpass discount...  $169.99 -$25 + local taxes (free shipping). It may be cheaper down the road, but I'll take it for now (27.5% discount off RPP). 

Another great option with this discount would be the Star Wars BB-8 set which is back in stock at $109.99 - perfect for the $25 off $100+ Masterpass deal (giving you approx 35% off RPP).

Edited by Shneebs
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shneebs said:

Destiny's Bounty and a few more sets back in stock - just ordered DB with the $25 Masterpass discount...  $169.99 -$25 + local taxes (free shipping). It may be cheaper down the road, but I'll take it for now (27.5% discount off RPP). 

Another great option with this discount would be the Star Wars BB-8 set which is back in stock at $109.99 - perfect for the $25 off $100+ Masterpass deal (giving you approx 35% off RPP).

Can't make money on Destiny's bounty. There are cheaper options especially when it goes on sale for 20-25% off. BB-8 is worth it because you can slap on another 25 which means almost 25% off. People on ebay are selling Destiny's Bounty in the US for much lower than whatever you can squeeze out at costco.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChristopherJB said:

Can't make money on Destiny's bounty. There are cheaper options especially when it goes on sale for 20-25% off. BB-8 is worth it because you can slap on another 25 which means almost 25% off. People on ebay are selling Destiny's Bounty in the US for much lower than whatever you can squeeze out at costco.

Although we haven’t seen great discounts on Destiny’s Bounty here in Canada, I do agree with everything you say, including that BB-8 is a better deal for investment purposes. But for me, I’m just not into it. My philosophy is to mostly buy singles of sets I’d like to build. That way if it doesn’t pan out for investment purposes, I’ll just build it. But I may kick myself down the road as BB-8 is kind of a quasi-UCS set...

50 minutes ago, Shneebs said:

Although we haven’t seen great discounts on Destiny’s Bounty here in Canada, I do agree with everything you say, including that BB-8 is a better deal for investment purposes. But for me, I’m just not into it. My philosophy is to mostly buy singles of sets I’d like to build. That way if it doesn’t pan out for investment purposes, I’ll just build it. But I may kick myself down the road as BB-8 is kind of a quasi-UCS set...

You got lots of time with the BB-8, it won't go away anytime soon. R2D2 lasted quite a long time and I expect more deals for BB-8, having said that, I grabbed myself a BB-8 just in case. Might as well get one to build for now. Destiny's Bounty reminds  me a whole lot of those lego movie sets like Benny's spaceship, that set is plain dead and I feel the same about Destiny's Bounty.

8 minutes ago, ChristopherJB said:

You got lots of time with the BB-8, it won't go away anytime soon. R2D2 lasted quite a long time and I expect more deals for BB-8, having said that, I grabbed myself a BB-8 just in case. Might as well get one to build for now. Destiny's Bounty reminds  me a whole lot of those lego movie sets like Benny's spaceship, that set is plain dead and I feel the same about Destiny's Bounty.

Y0dOV.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, vroom34 said:

With double VIP, freebie, and click through SAH rebates, can do better than 15% off.

agreed, but this is assuming freebie can be flipped easily. Rebates 3%, double VIP 10%, it's close. 15% off means I don't have to list the freebie and hope someone buys, nor do I need to store up VIP points and force myself to spend it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChristopherJB said:

agreed, but this is assuming freebie can be flipped easily. Rebates 3%, double VIP 10%, it's close. 15% off means I don't have to list the freebie and hope someone buys, nor do I need to store up VIP points and force myself to spend it.

That's true. Same amount of savings while only having one set to flip is nicer than having more things to sell. Less is more. I didn't know the Porche was included... hmm. Oh well, 15% isn't that much. I don't typically go for Technic anyway.

18 hours ago, eliminator said:

Found these today in store

eliminator, have you found any info on what the minifigs are worth?

EDIT:

I looked them up on Bricklink.... lowest Cdn prices as follows:

Special Forces Commander $6.33

Unkar's Brute: $6.88

Han Solo (celebration): $7.20

Luke Skywalker (celebration): $9.60

So, the 2nd book for $17.99 looks like a decent deal...

Edited by Shneebs

Luckily just recently sold the last of my sw celebration figs a few months ago, they are not popular and will likely price plummet being re-released.  even now their combined retail is barely pennies over the book cost once you add the tax.  the empty books themselves are simply just give-aways due to shipping costs, have dozens of em listed at $2-$4 and never sold a single one other than at lug meetings.

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Luckily just recently sold the last of my sw celebration figs a few months ago, they are not popular and will likely price plummet being re-released.  even now their combined retail is barely pennies over the book cost once you add the tax.  the empty books themselves are simply just give-aways due to shipping costs, have dozens of em listed at $2-$4 and never sold a single one other than at lug meetings.

I think you've hit the nail on the head re: minifig re-issue - will likely tank the prices... you talked me out of it. lol

6 hours ago, Shneebs said:

I think you've hit the nail on the head re: minifig re-issue - will likely tank the prices... you talked me out of it. lol

Indeed. I definitely didn't pick these up for investment; I just like the figs and my kids will enjoy the books. Win-win.

Edited by eliminator